• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Jungle Cruise Question

Rob562

Thankyou for that that was very interesting, My question is Riverboat on a track or the same system as JC? Or do they actually drive it. Sorry I have just realised this topic is about 9 years old!! OMG

Thanks,

Riverboat has a similar system to the Jungle Cruise. It's not exactly the same, but it's not a track, because the riverboat is free-floating. In fact, it can (and has) been brought out through the canal into Seven Seas Lagoon and over to the drydock in Bay Lake, but I believe it has to be towed to do that.

There's a rail running down the middle of the riverbed, sticking up about 12-18". The riverboat has guides underneath the front and back so that it follows the rail.
Actually, think of it like the cars on the Tomorrowland Speedway, but without as much "give" between the bumpers, it follows the rail pretty closely.

There are photos around somewhere of the Rivers of America totally drained where you can see the rail.

-Rob

princeharry

Does the JC have foggers like the Jurrassic Park ride at USH? If not wouldn't that be a great and cheap addition to the ride? I realize they could not make it too thick so that we could see the animals, but a light to heavy mist would be kind of cool.

yensid67

Does the JC have foggers like the Jurrassic Park ride at USH? If not wouldn't that be a great and cheap addition to the ride? I realize they could not make it too thick so that we could see the animals, but a light to heavy mist would be kind of cool.

Princeharry:

Foggers would be best used in the early AM or DUSK of the JC. During the day it would not work because the fog would actually burn off too quickly. But it would be an awesome effect otherwise!

yensid67

Princeharry:

Foggers would be best used in the early AM or DUSK of the JC. During the day it would not work because the fog would actually burn off too quickly. But it would be an awesome effect otherwise!

Also, probably the only thing that could add fog /mist to the immediate area would be dry ice, but that could get expensive day in, day out!

sm57co

I've only seen the rail guide system but I think these are older shots from DL. Have never seen WDW emptied.
I realize this thread started back in the 70's. Sorry. New to the site and poking around.

jc_track.jpg

DisAl

In this photo the water is clear enough you can see the guide rail for the Liberty Belle. It is sort of an I-beam. There is a bogey under the LB with wheels on each side and one on top that guides the boat. (There were quite a few photos posted when RoA was drained that clearly show the beam.)
The JC boats are a little different. There is a concrete trough. The boats have a "post" with wheels on it that sticks down into the trough to guide the boats.

DSCN7125.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom