Jungle Cruise next?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've read this about 10 times and still have no idea what you're saying? You do realise this was posted 7 months ago?

It's my fault if the ride is closed?

Not many people listen to radio shows and not many people are on here? So if nobody listens to the radio or comes on here, where are the 'shares' coming from? :D
I’ve read it over 10 more times for you and it looks fine to me.

I’ll break it down for you: stop drawing attention to little things that would typically go unnoticed by those screamers/Disney if you actually want to keep those things around.

NelleBelle

Peter Pan's got the Indians. Jungle Cruise has the Headhunters. Country Bear Jamboree has a character named "Liver Lips", which is apparently a racial slur. Tiki Room, I think some folks believe Jose, Michael, Fritz, and Pierre are offensive ethnic stereotypes. Dunno about the others.
HM has the hanging Ghost Host (gotta be sensitive to suicide and mental health issues), Rivers of America has a Native American village, HoP has presidents who owned slaves, American Adventure--romances the south?? I have no idea really what the deal is with AA or with CoP. I think if you look closely at every ride you can nitpick something out of it.

mergatroid

Original Poster
I’ve read it over 10 more times for you and it looks fine to me.

I’ll break it down for you: stop drawing attention to little things that would typically go unnoticed by those screamers/Disney if you actually want to keep those things around.

You said nobody listens to the radio or comes on here, if that's the case who will see it? It was posted 7 months ago and yet it's not gone viral? You posting in the thread merely keeps it in the limelight so perhaps you're helping to get it changed using that logic?

The more publicity you make it, the more likely you’ll manifest it into existence. Blow it up here and it’ll be YOUR fault. Not many folks listen to radio shows. But not many people are on here. However, the more shares you get, the more likely it happens.

So please explain how if not many folks listen to the radio or come on here (you said that), it's going to get the attraction changed? It makes no sense?

Also it's not "The more publicity you make it" but rather "The more publicity you give it"

Also saying "But not many people are on here" makes little sense either? 'But' implies it's different to what preceded it, yet you preceded it with "Not many folks listen to radio shows". So if both draw small numbers why use the word 'but'?

If you want to pick people out on stuff, I can do that too. By using all caps on the word 'YOU' blaming me for the potential changes or closures of the attraction, it comes across very aggressive. The post also contradicts itself and you're making an issue of it by responding whilst telling me I shouldn't even mention it. Have a magical day.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

You said nobody listens to the radio or comes on here, if that's the case who will see it? It was posted 7 months ago and yet it's not gone viral? You posting in the thread merely keeps it in the limelight so perhaps you're helping to get it changed using that logic?

So please explain how if not many folks listen to the radio or come on here (you said that), it's going to get the attraction changed? It makes no sense?

Also it's not "The more publicity you make it" but rather "The more publicity you give it"

Also saying "But not many people are on here" makes little sense either? 'But' implies it's different to what preceded it, yet you preceded it with "Not many folks listen to radio shows". So if both draw small numbers why use the word 'but'?

If you want to pick people out on stuff, I can do that too. By using all caps on the word 'YOU' blaming me for the potential changes or closures of the attraction, it comes across very aggressive. The post also contradicts itself and you're making an issue of it by responding whilst telling me I shouldn't even mention it. Have a magical day.
There there. *pats head*

macefamily

Unfortunately, the situation is in the public common thread. We've been conditioned to rip down statues and change names of institutions because it hurts some groups' feelings. I don't side with them, but I'm very well aware of the butt-hurt groups that I consider hate mongers and over-reactors. So, when I visited Disney in August, I took a picture of the native on Jungle Cruise and I posed the question "When will he be cancelled ?" not even knowing this thread existed. So my point is that we've all experienced the over reactions and are pretty much aware what will be targeted next. It's very unfortunate.

ppete1975

I've read this about 10 times and still have no idea what you're saying? You do realise this was posted 7 months ago?

It's my fault if the ride is closed?

Not many people listen to radio shows and not many people are on here? So if nobody listens to the radio or comes on here, where are the 'shares' coming from? :D
Id assume its like the monorail, if people didnt take pics and blow it up on social media that the door fell off and people were dangling out of it and mickey had to save everyone (i made that up for effect), and it wasnt on message boards for like 400 pages about how they are falling apart and need to be replaced that we might be putting it in danger.

WondersOfLife

Notice you couldn't explain that mess of a post so think posting that would annoy me, chill dude. A bit of common sense and manners will get you far in life :D
It’s literally not a mess of a post. It’s very simple. You just read way too into it. And for you to take all that time to try and defend your point says a lot.

Minnie1976

Please no? Phone in on an English radio station talking about changes and Disney was mentioned. Somebody mentioned it was 'racist' having a head hunter with dark skin :rolleyes:

What isn’t offense in this day in time? I am offended by the stuff disney takes down like changing splash mt. People don’t know the real story behind it. They evidently haven’t read my post. I am offend because a certain president is in the hall of presidents and it isn’t TRUMP. Another will be there soon who has no brain😢😢😢. No body seems to care. Is this not going to be posted because it offends someone? I will be if it is removed.

mergatroid

Original Poster
What isn’t offense in this day in time? I am offended by the stuff disney takes down like changing splash mt. People don’t know the real story behind it. They evidently haven’t read my post. I am offend because a certain president is in the hall of presidents and it isn’t TRUMP. Another will be there soon who has no brain😢😢😢. No body seems to care. Is this not going to be posted because it offends someone? I will be if it is removed.
ok👍

ohioguy

Unfortunately, the situation is in the public common thread. We've been conditioned to rip down statues and change names of institutions because it hurts some groups' feelings. I don't side with them, but I'm very well aware of the butt-hurt groups that I consider hate mongers and over-reactors. So, when I visited Disney in August, I took a picture of the native on Jungle Cruise and I posed the question "When will he be cancelled ?" not even knowing this thread existed. So my point is that we've all experienced the over reactions and are pretty much aware what will be targeted next. It's very unfortunate.

Thank god the headhunter will be gone. It's a colonial misrepresentation, from another place and time. As humanity evolves, you can expect alterations to every fabric of life. I always put myself in the shoes of those who are offended. Empathy is paramount to understanding. I'm sure some will be offended that Disney is in discussions with Colin Kaepernick. Empathy means we need to understand WHY they are offended.

Minnie1976

Thank god the headhunter will be gone. It's a colonial misrepresentation, from another place and time. As humanity evolves, you can expect alterations to every fabric of life. I always put myself in the shoes of those who are offended. Empathy is paramount to understanding. I'm sure some will be offended that Disney is in discussions with Colin Kaepernick. Empathy means we need to understand WHY they are offended.
So you want to erase history!!! 😢😢😢

mergatroid

Original Poster
So you want to erase history!!! 😢😢😢

I can see both sides of the argument really.

On the one hand there were people who head hunted, it's not like Disney has made it up to insult or offend anyone. It adds a bit of drama to the story of the attraction and is done so in a humorous way. It's based on history just the same as there were pirates, and there still are pirates.

On the other hand, could somebody claim it's misrepresenting people from parts of Africa (among many other countries) implying chopping off heads is what they're famous for? I imagine a tiny minority of people could say that, but I imagine it's a tiny minority if any.

Certainly I cannot see anyone who isn't already racist, taking what Disney has done including a headhunter and have that make them look at black people differently. I also can't really see intelligent people from Africa going on the attraction and genuinely being offended by the fact that Disney has included a headhunter in the attraction? In life there always will be somebody, somewhere that will be offended by anything. For instance if we watch war films, we often see scenes where allied troops shoot unarmed Germans because they killed their friends. This certainly happened in the war however including it in the movie isn't saying every allied soldier shot every unarmed German, nor that it was all that allied troops contributed or were famous for. It's part of a historical story, included not to offend anyone from the allied countries but just because it actually happened.

Lilofan

Discussions with Kapernick and Disney is all about future growth earnings potential. Disney has struggled and wants to improve in capturing the billion dollars spending power of the African American segment. Enter Kap and discussions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom