Jungle Cruise mishap

Raychul

Original Poster
Last Sunday I was on the Jungle Cruise with the best skipper ever, and at the part where the elephant comes up and acts as if it will spray the boat with water, it actually did spray the boat down. The skipper and the first half of the boat got pretty soaked. The skipper acted quite surprised but recovered nicely.

Anyways, my question is...what would make this happen? Just a freak and rare occurrence? I thought all of those effects where triggered with sensors that tell it where the boat is.

graphite1326

Last Sunday I was on the Jungle Cruise with the best skipper ever, and at the part where the elephant comes up and acts as if it will spray the boat with water, it actually did spray the boat down. The skipper and the first half of the boat got pretty soaked. The skipper acted quite surprised but recovered nicely.

Anyways, my question is...what would make this happen? Just a freak and rare occurrence? I thought all of those effects where triggered with sensors that tell it where the boat is.

I am not sure about this and I am probably wrong. I usually am. The spray is, I believe, triggered by the boat passing over it. Once I was on the ride when our skipper was speeding up and looking back at the boat behind us. He muttered something about the other skipper is trying to get us sprayed. I think the second boat, who was quite close, was trying to hit the trigger and spray the first boat. This is just my theory, I could be totally wrong on this.

Raychul

Original Poster
I am not sure about this and I am probably wrong. I usually am. The spray is, I believe, triggered by the boat passing over it. Once I was on the ride when our skipper was speeding up and looking back at the boat behind us. He muttered something about the other skipper is trying to get us sprayed. I think the second boat, who was quite close, was trying to hit the trigger and spray the first boat. This is just my theory, I could be totally wrong on this.

Hahaha, that's awesome! But in my case I am sure that wasn't it since we were one of the last few boats that night and there was no other boat in sight. I was shocked, I have been on Jungle Cruise so many times and have never once seen the boat sprayed down.

SleepingMonk

Same thing happened to us several years ago.

Not really a big issue other than the fact it managed to soak my wife's $2k Nikon she was switching lenses on at the time.

Disney more than made up for it, but we had to spend the better part of the morning up front at guest relations sorting it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom