Jungle Cruise Damaged??

MissViv

Original Poster
I received an email today from WDW saying that there was a change in our fast pass selection on 9/17 and the Jungle Cruise was cancelled but we were offered to use the same fast pass for a variety of choices.

It's my SIL's first and only trip to WDW so I am disappointed we won't be going on the Jungle Cruise but just wondered if anyone knew if it was flooded or damaged which caused them to close the ride?

GlacierGlacier

I've heard rumors from CMs that the backstage dock is quite damaged, some even saying they can't even get trucks back there. Boats reportedly can't get on the rail to get into the main attraction loop either, and plenty of downed trees along the path wouldn't let thsm do it even if they could.

righttrack

I would imagine landscaping at water's edge is probably the most fragile. It's not like trees get years and years of rooting here. They move them around quickly. You also have to figure there is stuff in the water now that could gum up the ride's works. Turn it on and you could get gears grinding.

Castle Cake Apologist

There is a lot of landscaping damage.

Martin, do you know if any of the figures were removed from the ride in preparation for the storm? I've been wondering that, what with them being out in the open like they are.
Also, any truth to the rumor that the backstage dock / boathouse was damaged, along with the guidance system in the river somehow? Don't we use a trough system for guidance? That's the main reason I'm doubting that rumor. Or am I thinking of Disneyland?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin, do you know if any of the figures were removed from the ride in preparation for the storm? I've been wondering that, what with them being out in the open like they are.
Also, any truth to the rumor that the backstage dock / boathouse was damaged, along with the guidance system in the river somehow? Don't we use a trough system for guidance? That's the main reason I'm doubting that rumor. Or am I thinking of Disneyland?
Indeed. There is no guidance system.

I do know there's a lot of landscape damage. Things can be seen that shouldn't be seen for example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom