JUNGLE CRUISE (2019) Film S.E.A. Tie-In?

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
So Ive checked imdb.com on a whim, wondering if there would be a S.E.A. tie-in, in the film and I found some curious character names listed; including:
Andy Nyman as "Sir James Hobbs-Coddington"
and
Mark Ashworth as "Society Member 1"
The synopsis also mentions that there will be a "supernatural" element, which would also fit in with most S.E.A. attractions.

Thoughts?

(My apologies if this thread is poorly located. I couldn't figure out a better placement.)

TwilightZone

very unlikely it will be SEA, but interesting. It will probably be a society similar to SEA like how the academy in the figment comics is very similar to the imagination institute.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So Ive checked imdb.com on a whim, wondering if there would be a S.E.A. tie-in, in the film and I found some curious character names listed; including:
Andy Nyman as "Sir James Hobbs-Coddington"
and
Mark Ashworth as "Society Member 1"
The synopsis also mentions that there will be a "supernatural" element, which would also fit in with most S.E.A. attractions.

Thoughts?

(My apologies if this thread is poorly located. I couldn't figure out a better placement.)

Well, none of the names of characters match up with any known SEA members so far. Kinda surprised no one is credited as Albert Falls, the founder of the Jungle Navigation Company.

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
If it's a successful movie then expect the entire ride to change...
I hadnt even thought about Trader Sam... He's GOT to be there.
As for the ride changes... Didnt one of the more reliable insiders recently confirm that we should expect to see more S.E.A. tie-ins in the US parks? That would make sense if this is something they plan to thread into a Cinematic Universe.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I like the idea that they could make SEA into a cinematic universe....but I'm not sure if The Rock is a good fit (I like him as an actor/personality, but he's doing lots of these kinds of movies lately where it's becoming cliche')

HoraceHorizons

Original Poster
I tend to agree but the rest of the cast, I think, is a great fit. It's not that I dislike Dwayne Johnson, but Im not sure he is the character actor a S.E.A. story would benefit from, IMO.

montyz81

I hadnt even thought about Trader Sam... He's GOT to be there.
As for the ride changes... Didnt one of the more reliable insiders recently confirm that we should expect to see more S.E.A. tie-ins in the US parks? That would make sense if this is something they plan to thread into a Cinematic Universe.
If they don't have Trader Sam, then this movie will not come out 'ahead' of anything!

erasure fan1

To what? The Rock's voiceover and barely moving figure somewhere? Yay? No thanks. They can leave it alone.
It doesn't matter if it doesn't really fit. If a success, you can put money down that its changing. If it does well and we see no change, Iago said it best. I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise. They could put something more than a limited movement figure in the temple as it is covered.

Kman101

It doesn't matter if it doesn't really fit. If a success, you can put money down that its changing. If it does well and we see no change, Iago said it best. I think I'm going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise. They could put something more than a limited movement figure in the temple as it is covered.

I never said it wouldn't fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom