June rain

popcenturylover

Stroller cover saved us on our June 09' trip. It rained almost every afternoon that we were there for our 7 night/8 day trip. It doesn't usually rain too long just, a quick shower.

RmeDad

June of 2012, 7 day stay, 7 days of rain. Some so hard that the bus we were taking back to the resort was filling up inside (through the closed windows). We needed a bilge pump. LOL!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hi everyone. I'm debating if I should buy a stroller rain cover. What are the chances that it will rain at the beginning of June?
Pretty much 100%. You might get a day or two together without some rain, but the chances of you escaping rain entirely for any span greater than 3-4 days is pretty close to zero.

During that time of year the sky likes to open up pretty much every day around mid afternoon. It typically does not last long, but what it lacks in length, it makes up for in intensity.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Pretty much 100%. You might get a day or two together without some rain, but the chances of you escaping rain entirely for any span greater than 3-4 days is pretty close to zero.

During that time of year the sky likes to open up pretty much every day around mid afternoon. It typically does not last long, but what it lacks in length, it makes up for in intensity.
Thanks for letting me know. I guess we'll have to get our rain gear together soon. =D

SAV

We have gone in June for many years now. Usually every other year the last 6 years and the rain has gotten worse as the years have gone on. It used to be just a shower in the afternoon that went away, but last year we had torrential downpours for the majority of the day multiple days of the trip. The locals I spoke with were saying the same thing. June has gotten rainier as the years have gone on.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
We have gone in June for many years now. Usually every other year the last 6 years and the rain has gotten worse as the years have gone on. It used to be just a shower in the afternoon that went away, but last year we had torrential downpours for the majority of the day multiple days of the trip. The locals I spoke with were saying the same thing. June has gotten rainier as the years have gone on.
Thank you for sharing your experience. We will definitely be looking into more rain gear.

Mouse_Trap

Plan on a minimum of a torrential downpour ever afternoon....some days it may not happen, but in my experience this is more the exception.

You can of course get days which rain far longer....but generally its hot and humid.
Remember afterall, Florida has a tropical weather system.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Plan on a minimum of a torrential downpour ever afternoon....some days it may not happen, but in my experience this is more the exception.

You can of course get days which rain far longer....but generally its hot and humid.
Remember afterall, Florida has a tropical weather system.
Thanks. When we first started planning this trip we didn't plan for rain. So now we have to find a used stroller for the kids and also a rain cover. Craigslist hasn't been super friendly, but I guess it's a good thing that we are still 60 days away from our trip. So we have some time =D.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
I found a cheap umbrella stroller with a canopy worked quite well. Just plan on rain!
I'm just afraid the kids won't be able to relax in it. We found a double stroller peg perego (50/50 side by side) haven't tried it out yet but since my kids are under 50 (one is 45 and the other is 25) we really hope that it would be fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom