June crowds?

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
It looks like we might be taking our first trip to DLP in June! I'm excited, and am in need of any tips that can be passed my way. We are still toying with what hotel because we don't know if we want to stay in Paris and take the RER or go with a good neighbor hotel. Would costs be similar?

Any helpful tips would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks in advance!! :joyfull:

JillC LI

We'll be in Paris in early July. But we only plan to go to DLP one day so we're staying in the city and taking the RER that day. I can't remember what hotel my hubby booked. I can't wait as I'm sure you can't either!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I find that the good neighbor hotels fairly expensive for what they are and you are likely to find more choice in Paris. If you do decide to stay in Paris look for hotels near the RER A line as that is the one you need to take to DLP. You should find lower crowd levels as French schools don't get out until the first week in July.

peep

The hotels in Val d'Europe are a lot cheaper than the partner hotels. They're about 2 mins away on the train (about €1.20 each way). There are some nice hotels in that area which can work out a lot better and cheaper than staying in Central Paris (which tend to be very small rooms for the same amount of money). You'd also have a much longer journey to the parks from Central Paris.

The Resort will probably be fairly busy on weekends in June but weekdays might be quiet.

If you have any questions about the parks don't hesitate to ask :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I don't have much advice but we are going in June too. We are staying a few nights in Paris and then when we do DLP we are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. We booked a Montana room (in the main lodge) but decided not to do Golden Forest as we don't plan on being at the resort much.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I don't have much advice but we are going in June too. We are staying a few nights in Paris and then when we do DLP we are staying at the Sequoia Lodge. We booked a Montana room (in the main lodge) but decided not to do Golden Forest as we don't plan on being at the resort much.
Where are you staying in Paris? I'm liking the idea of staying close to a red RER line in order to cut costs a little bit while still having a nice room. We are still toying with changing hotels, but we're not sold on the idea yet. I would want to stay at the Sequoia too if we were going that route.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
If you are used to staying onsite at wdw, you might be disappointed by staying onsite at DlP. I find these hotels rather expensive without much extra value. And given that the closest you can get to the entrance by shuttle is the train station where the RER arrives, it doesn't add a convenience factor other than early entry into MK, which only has certain rides in fantasyland open plus Space Mountain in tomorrowland (at least from memory I don't recall if there is more than that from the last time I decided to take advantage of emh.).

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
I'm generally not a WDW gal because I'm on the west coast, but we always stay off property when going to DLR. We do generally stick with good neighbor hotels though.

PacNWTigger

Original Poster
How much does the RER cost to go to Paris versus DLP? I was thinking about getting an RER pass for the week that we are going to be there because we won't be switching hotels. Would that be cost effective, or should we just pay as we go?

Animaniac93-98

If you are used to staying onsite at wdw, you might be disappointed by staying onsite at DlP. I find these hotels rather expensive without much extra value. And given that the closest you can get to the entrance by shuttle is the train station where the RER arrives, it doesn't add a convenience factor other than early entry into MK, which only has certain rides in fantasyland open plus Space Mountain in tomorrowland (at least from memory I don't recall if there is more than that from the last time I decided to take advantage of emh.).

You can also walk from hotels like New York or Sequoia which is nicer and faster than waiting for the Shuttle.

The Studios now have more frequent EMH with rides like Rat and Crush open then.

Disneyland Park's EMH ride are:

Peter Pan
Dumbo
Teacups
Carousel
Orbitron
Star Tours
Space Mountain

If SM is still closed in June it obviously won't be open for EMH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom