Jumanji...re-imagined...with Jack Black

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
What's going on?...

So, I just saw on my Facebook feed that there will be a new Jumanji with Jack Black.
giphy.gif

Someone please tell me this is just a really bad/fake rumor! They can't ruin another classic, especially one with Robin Williams...

Come on Hollywood. Don't you have another Spiderman or Superman movie to make?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The original Jumanji will not be ruined. It will still be available in it's original format on DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital and VHS if you get lucky at your local thrift store.

No plans are currently in place, or will ever be in place requiring you to watch the remake in lieu of or before you can watch the original.

Pixieish

What's going on?...

So, I just saw on my Facebook feed that there will be a new Jumanji with Jack Black.
giphy.gif

Someone please tell me this is just a really bad/fake rumor! They can't ruin another classic, especially one with Robin Williams...

Come on Hollywood. Don't you have another Spiderman or Superman movie to make?
Just looked it up...fortunately, he's NOT the star...Dwayne Johnson is.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
The original Jumanji will not be ruined. It will still be available in it's original format on DVD, Blu-Ray, Digital and VHS if you get lucky at your local thrift store.

No plans are currently in place, or will ever be in place requiring you to watch the remake in lieu of or before you can watch the original.
I know technically they can't ruin a classic with a re-make, but it just feels like they cross a line trying to gain the mulah from an older franchise. Like, no knew ideas just re-hashing an old one to get the people who watched the original back in the money game, if that makes sense.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I know technically they can't ruin a classic with a re-make, but it just feels like they cross a line trying to gain the mulah from an older franchise. Like, no knew ideas just re-hashing an old one to get the people who watched the original back in the money game, if that makes sense.
Sadly, that is what John Q Public seems to want these days and Hollywood is not willing to bet $100 million plus on an unknown.

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Sadly, that is what John Q Public seems to want these days and Hollywood is not willing to bet $100 million plus on an unknown.
True. :/ Sadly.

Wonder if any of the greats (Steven Spielberg, Mel Brooks, Tim Burton, etc. - even though they are up in age) will bring anything new to the table here soon...

champdisney

Saw this the other day. It was neither terrible nor great, just an okay movie. The nod to Alan Parrish (Robin Williams) was cool but for some reason and I know it may sound rather odd, but to me the film felt like the Scorpion King made for the Disney Channel... with some adult themed jokes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom