Trip Report JULY!? Never Again!

Went down for an adults only trip in July. We were there the 11th through the 16th. We heard tons of reports that the crowds were insane but we figured we were just four girls looking for a couple days of drinking and and enjoying some good food. We've all been to Disney a ton of times before. Two of us even did the college program so the major attractions weren't priorities to us.

Like good girls, we made our dining reservations early and to our suprise we got everything we wanted. Having had such an easy booking and reservation process we thought the rumors and advice we recieved about the parks being busy may not fall during our few days there... WRONG! There were about 10,000 Brazilian tour groups roaming the parks. Lucky for us they didn't appear to be staying at the AoA where we were. Not only were these kids rude but they were disrespectful and the supposed guides that were ushering them around were just as bad. EXAMPLE: After two days of park hopping we decided to spend a day at Typhoon Lagoon. We got there about an hour after opening and the place was dead. Awesome we thought, we grabbed four chairs right by the bar near the wave pool. After taking a quick dip (and when I say quick I mean 15 minutes) in the wave pool we saw that the bar was open and decided it was brewski time... we noticed the tour groups coming in but we were informed by the bartender opening the bar that our bags would be fine right there while we took a quick swim. We got back to our towels, bathing suit cover-ups, backpacks and sandals thrown ontop of a garbage bin. Trying to maintain what slight patience I had left I went over to the four kids now sitting in our chairs and confronted them about the incident. They played the we dont speak English card and proceeded to laugh in my face. I went right over to there "gaurdian" who seemed more like a creepy 25 year old guy trying to hit on these young girls. He told me that basically they had the run of the parks because they pay alot of money to Disney to do these park excursions and that he gave them permission to move our belongings and that it was just too bad. In the middle of this whole confrontation the entire group started some ungodly cheering that to this day (A MONTH LATER) still gives me nightmares.

The bartender luckily saw the whole thing and called a manager before we could even ask for one. The manager was nice enought to give us all a free drink to calm the situation and he told the "guardian" that any more incidents and they would be asked to leave.

Here's a little advice and please trust me on this... the weather might be awesome but listen to people when they tell you that July is a BAD IDEA! Don't do it. I can't even image how infuriated I wiould have been had I had children with me whose belongings were tossed aside with that sort of disrespect. Absolutely pathetic.

rsoxguy

I must be the most fortunate guy around. I have been a few days in July and August. I have seen countless Brazilians roaming in packs with their guides, and I have not seen any rudeness or lack of proper public behavior. I'm sorry to know that you ran into a group of people who behaved like rogues .

Vader2112

I hear you we went 4 th of July weekend because we never have stayed at AOA. WOW it was like every tour group from Central, South and North America was there. DTD was a nightmare as they had started the parking lot closures. Great timing! Took an hour to park and 30 minutes to walk through the crowds from La Nouba to Portobello.

Disney Shib

Original Poster
I hear you we went 4 th of July weekend because we never have stayed at AOA. WOW it was like every tour group from Central, South and North America was there. DTD was a nightmare as they had started the parking lot closures. Great timing! Took an hour to park and 30 minutes to walk through the crowds from La Nouba to Portobello.

Absolutely insane. Don't get me wrong, there were quite a few who were well behaved and friendly and genuinely enjoying their time but I had more run-ins with out of control people then nice ones. The bartender at the Big Blue Pool Bar at AoA told us that last year management at one of the All-Star resorts had to remove a group of about 125 people because they took all of the furniture out of the rooms and swapped them. He said there were chairs and mattressed just hanging out on the balconies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom