July Fourth

ob1thx1138

Been lurking for awhile and finally decided to post a question.
My family and I are planning our first trip to Disney World this summer. We are planning on staying 8 days and 7 nights with out last night in the park being July 4th. We have a room reserved in Kissimmee that night so we are not worried about staying in the parks late. My concern is how late should we wait before we head into the MK for the fire works and parades? We are not park hopping so MK will be our only park for the day, but since it is going to be such a late night I hate to drag the family out of bed too early, but I don't want to get turned away at the gate since I figure crowds are going to be crazy at the MK on the fourth.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give me on this.

Oh and if it helps it will be me, My DW, DS8 and DS16...I think I got all that right.... I am still learning the language. :)

NewfieFan

Well, everyone is probably going to suggest the same... get there as early as possible or you risk not getting in the park. Phased closing is a possibility at any time...

Oh and welcome to the boards!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you are not staying in a Disney resort getting there at park opening is almost essential as phased closures will begin as early as 11:00 AM.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Wow I never figured it would be that early...

We are staying on the Property at POR.

So I guess our last day in the parks is going to have to be a long one without a mid day break.... Hope the kids can handle that. :) lol

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Usually things start to reopen in the afternoon after a phased closing and resort guests have it a little easier since they aren't shut out until the last stages. However, if you have your heart set on being there that day you are going to want to go early. Some people start saving spots for the fireworks in the afternoon, so be prepared to spend a lot of time waiting around that day. Crowds are also among the busiest of the year as well so expect lines everywhere.

Upvote 0

Ghall

We stayed at the Beach Club last year and on the 4th July we went into Epcot to see the fireworks. We only entered the park about 15 minutes before the fireworks started through the International Gateway from the Beach Club. The crowds were not as bad as we thought. We did think that it might be a problem getting into the parks and we would have just watched the fireworks from the Beach Club but there was no problem getting in at that time! Maybe people were there all day and left before the fireworks.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Well Are the fireworks and parades in MK on the 4th anything special compared to other nights that week? If not then we might plan on catching them one other night and then do another park our last day especially since this will be our 3rd day at MK that week.

Upvote 0

cegrant

FYI:

The four levels of Disney park closing:
  • At Phase 1, day guests who have not already purchased tickets and cast members using their Maingate & Silver Passes will be turned around at the Auto Plaza. Guests meeting this criteria are told the Park has reached capacity.
  • At Phase 2, admission is limited to resort guests, Premium and Annual Passholders, crossovers and other guests re-entering one of the parks for the day. Guests using WDW Resort Transportation and guests in taxis will be admitted. Guests not meeting the above criteria are told the Park has reached capacity.
  • At Phase 3, the theme park is only open to Resort guests using Disney transportation from their Resort or other theme parks or Annual and Premium Passholders. Shades of Green and Downtown Disney Resort Area guests using their respective transportation will also be admitted. Guests not meeting the above criteria are told the Park has reached capacity.
  • At Phase 4 the park is closed to all guests and guests are told the Park has reached capacity.

Upvote 0

hrcollectibles

Well Are the fireworks and parades in MK on the 4th anything special compared to other nights that week? If not then we might plan on catching them one other night and then do another park our last day especially since this will be our 3rd day at MK that week.

The July 4th fireworks are amazing.. If you want to see them with less crowd I recommend going to the Magic Kingdom the 3rd (they usually have the same fireworks display for rhe 3rd and 4th)

Upvote 0

glee

If you do get turned away, if you come back later when someone leaves the park they will let you in. :) Done it loads of time on july 4th.

You could go on july 3rd. I personally found july 4th at MK ridiculous last year and im not surprised there was a monorail accident! The monorail had to stop every five seconds (No exaggeration) for the monorail in front to go. :mad:

Sorry im a buzzkill..You will enjoy it:king: The fireworks are soooo amazing!!!...They have july 4th fireworks on the 3rd as well you see. :king::sohappy:

Upvote 0

drossjr

If you are not staying in a Disney resort getting there at park opening is almost essential as phased closures will begin as early as 11:00 AM.

Master Yoda is right. We centered our vacation around July 4th back in 2008 and it was pretty busy leading up to July 4th but on the 4th itself was complete insanity. The lines at the toll booths to get to the parking lots of MK were crazy backed up.

Upvote 0

drossjr

Sorry im a buzzkill..You will enjoy it:king: The fireworks are soooo amazing!!!...They have july 4th fireworks on the 3rd as well you see. :king::sohappy:[/QUOTE]

Your right the fireworks for the 4th are awesome, we caught them on the 3rd as well:sohappy:

Upvote 0

glee

Master Yoda is right. We centered our vacation around July 4th back in 2008 and it was pretty busy leading up to July 4th but on the 4th itself was complete insanity. The lines at the toll booths to get to the parking lots of MK were crazy backed up.

Last year they were opening gates that only cast members were aloud to use (Talk about ruining the magic!) just so you could get to other places in the park. I didnt enjoy that day at all! :(:mad::(

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Well maybe we will go to the MK on the 3rd then hit HS on the 4th so we can see fantasmic! Otherwise we will not have another chance to see it this trip and I have heard it is not to be missed.

Upvote 0

drossjr

Last year they were opening gates that only cast members were aloud to use (Talk about ruining the magic!) just so you could get to other places in the park. I didnt enjoy that day at all! :(:mad::(

Yeah thats not good! We probably wont do the July 4th thing again, at least for awhile, too busy and its too HOT!!!

Upvote 0

kbmum

You do have options for watching MK fireworks. There are excellent views from the Contemporary (4th floor observation deck and in front of the hotel) and from the beach at the Polynesian. There might also be a good view from the back of the Grand Floridian, but I've never watched the fireworks from there.

The 4th of July fireworks are special. They're shot from behind the park and also from an island in the Seven Seas Lagoon. If you watch from one of the monorail hotels, you can see both (and you won't have to deal with the crowds in the park). The lagoon fireworks also include the water parade. It's really impressive! I took these pictures from a balcony in the Contemporary.

Magic Kingdom
Disney0704fireworks.jpg

Seven Seas Lagoon (Grand Floridian in the background)
2007mkfireworkslake.jpg

Upvote 0

glee

Well maybe we will go to the MK on the 3rd then hit HS on the 4th so we can see fantasmic! Otherwise we will not have another chance to see it this trip and I have heard it is not to be missed.

I would advice that! July the 3rd isnt too bad! :sohappy:

Have fun!!! x:wave::wave::wave::):):)

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Wow those are some Great pics I can't wait to experience that in person and the kids are going to love it.

Also I think our minds are made up and we are going to do MK on the third then DHS on the 4th now I gotta see if I can get my ADR for crystal palace rescheduled tomorrow first thing.

Upvote 0

glee

Wow those are some Great pics I can't wait to experience that in person and the kids are going to love it.

Also I think our minds are made up and we are going to do MK on the third then DHS on the 4th now I gotta see if I can get my ADR for crystal palace rescheduled tomorrow first thing.

HAVE FUN!!!!! Its fantastic!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom