July 4th Crowds

Kellylynn322

I am planning a trip to WDW next year for July 4th. Can anyone who was there this year or last year tell me what the crowds were like that week and if they had any trouble getting a room (I don't want to book now and have to change it based on the other people traveling with me). Thanks in advance to everyone for helping me with this.

Kellylynn322

Original Poster
Originally posted by WEDMagic
crowds,
MK closed its doors to non resort guests around 1pm and epcot around 5 0r so.

Thanks.

Pardon the question. (i've never been when its that busy)....
Does that mean if you are a resort guest, you could leave and be able to get back in?

Upvote 0

mousefan17

I was at Disney June 23 to July 3 this year, and I was really nervous because I thought that it would be really crowded being the week before the 4th. But I didnt think that it was all that bad. Yeah there were alotta people, but you have to expect that because it is Disney!

As for booking a room, we were there for 10 nights, origianlly at Port Orleans Riverside, but then we were moved, and we were given like 5 other choices, and this was probably 2 months before, so for them to give us so many different choices, it couldnt have been that booked up. We ended up at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

In 2002 I went the week after the 4th, (July 6-14) and the crowds weren't all that bad then either.

But I have never experienced Disney on the actual 4th. BUt i wanted to stay because they did Sorcersy in the sky at MGM! but leading up to the 4th I didnt think that it was all that bad!

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

CarolA

Actually I was amazed that it was not that crowded. From what I heard MK was PACKED!

I went to AK around 11 am. Safari had a 10 minute walk on. Did not do much there (went to pick up the AP pin questions!). THat evening around 7 I went to MGM. Made the last Indiana Jones show and then just walked onto Star Wars. ToT and Rock N Roll were showing 30 to 45 minute waits on the board at 7.

The firework viewing areas at MGM were pretty packed, but I hustled out of there after the EXCELLENT fireworks and made it to Epcot by 9:30. No line for the beer. (Ok not a good guage, but...) and I wound up with a decent viewing spot. Not front row, but I could see everything.

Upvote 0

CarolA

By the way when I entered Epcot they did not ask if I was a resort guest and it did not appear to be closed any longer. I "heard" that no parks closed to resort guests on July 4th. MK's parking lot did close fairly early but I talked to someone who got into MK about 1 by parking at Epcot and taking the monorail over.

Upvote 0

sas115

I was at Typhoon Lagoon an MK at nite on the 4th. Both packed, both closed for a while, as was blizzard beach. Both water parks closed on the 5th as well. They had the parade route roped off by 8:30(10:30 parade) which made it seem even more packed.

Up until the fourth though, we did not wait more than 20-30 minutes(worst case) for ANY ride. Lines did get longer (75 mins) for the popular ones, but we hit those early enough to miss the long waits. All fastpasses were gone by the time we got to MK on the 4th though(5pm).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom