News July 4 2022 entertainment at Walt Disney World

Disney Analyst

Actually, looking at this video from last night, there was an extra launch site that was missing on the 3rd, so they did get it symmetrical last night. One to each side of the island launch, one to each side of the main launch site behind castle.

1657044586090.png

gerarar

Premium Member
Actually, looking at this video from last night, there was an extra launch site that was missing on the 3rd, so they did get it symmetrical last night. One to each side of the island launch, one to each side of the main launch site behind castle.

View attachment 651146

So 8 total launch sites (6 of the originals + 2 new from DE).

Looks nice, but hopefully the full 360° returns for next year, and not a permanent cut..

gerarar

Premium Member
How long has Tron's construction been going on???? We had 360 for New Years 2020.
Tron at the time was just the barebones of the coaster, no building yet. So it was deemed safe at the time. Currently, there's all sorts of stuff happening in the exterior – canopy, railroad, walkway/flyover, etc.

So maybe Disney deemed it as a risk....or they're just being cheap and cut it back for this year..

Unused launch site near Tron:
Screenshot_20220705-142759_Maps.jpg

It's awfully close, wonder if it'll ever be used again due to the possible fallout on the canopy. If said canopy is fire-resistant, then there should be no possible risk I guess.

jrhwdw

Tron at the time was just the barebones of the coaster, no building yet. So it was deemed safe at the time. Currently, there's all sorts of stuff happening in the exterior – canopy, railroad, walkway/flyover, etc.

So maybe Disney deemed it as a risk....or they're just being cheap and cut it back for this year..
I figured it had to do with moving the Launch Points all around for DE.........but I'm no Insider.

gerarar

Premium Member
I figured it had to do with moving the Launch Points all around for DE.........but I'm no Insider.
My interpretation of that was 2 new launch sites were added for DE (project Nugget).
The existing launch sites near the main one behind MK still exist and were used last night as far as I can tell.

But maybe I read that thread/permits wrong. 🤷‍♀️

Disney Analyst

My interpretation of that was 2 new launch sites were added for DE (project Nugget).
The existing launch sites near the main one behind MK still exist and were used last night as far as I can tell.

But maybe I read that thread/permits wrong. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, I believe the DE launches are additions, not moving anything.

It may very well be with Tron the launch near there can’t be used currently, hard to know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom