News July 4 2022 entertainment at Walt Disney World

wtyy21

New narration for this year 4th of July fireworks, guessing women. Some of songs and the amount of fireworks were cut and additionally, searchlights were added at the finale, similar to what Disneyland do 7 years ago.

wdwfan22

Not sure why they had to cut some of the songs out. It's a major holiday and they felt the need to reduce the run time. The new narration also feels forced from the previous version. Still a great show, but not sure why they felt the need to alter it.

VJ

The soundtrack of the show has been edited from its original version. Corey Burton has been replaced by an unknown female narrator and there are a few script changes of note.
  • "A nation of courage and independence" in the original script has been changed to "a country of courage and independence"
  • "To honor Independence Day, we welcome you to our Fourth of July celebration, as we commemorate the birthday of this great nation." has been changed to "In honor of the Fourth of July, we invite you to come together as we commemorate the enduring spirit of this great nation."
  • "beloved American folk songs" has been changed to "great American folk songs"
Additionally, "Oh Susanna" and "Old MacDonald Had A Farm" were edited out of the show's soundtrack.

IanDLBZF

The soundtrack of the show has been edited from its original version. Corey Burton has been replaced by an unknown female narrator and there are a few script changes of note.
  • "A nation of courage and independence" in the original script has been changed to "a country of courage and independence"
  • "To honor Independence Day, we welcome you to our Fourth of July celebration, as we commemorate the birthday of this great nation." has been changed to "In honor of the Fourth of July, we invite you to come together as we commemorate the enduring spirit of this great nation."
Why they did this is beyond me.

Disney Analyst

360° perimeters didn't fully return this Fourth, sadly.

Only 5 total launchers were used.
Main, two adjacent ones (not ones used in DE), then the main-mirror in lagoon, and right adjacent to mirror.

View from Poly beach:

It seems odd, as it wasn’t even the 180 they would do when they ran the show multiple times back in 2013.

I wonder if something went wrong? It was the three sites behind castle, one by contemp, and then the lagoon launch. Not even symmetrical (unless a launch site was off camera to the left).

We will have to wait for tomorrow to see.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I was in the park standing in front of Crystal Palace for the show. I'm not surprised by the refreshed script after this many years. What was indeed disappointing was the reduction in the number of launch locations in the finale segment. It's no longer a full perimeter 360 show. I'll be curious to see if this was just a today thing and they'll have all 11 locations tomorrow, or if we no longer have 360 shows which will be sad.

I managed to bug out crazy quick since the west bypass on Main Street was open. The walking path to Grand Flo and boats across the lagoon was not available immediately after the show. Buses and monorail only. Keep that in mind if you're headed over to see it tomorrow. I'll be at Epcot instead.

wtyy21

Additionally, "Oh Susanna" and "Old MacDonald Had A Farm" were edited out of the show's soundtrack.
Yes if this is the new Magic Kingdom version. We will wait to see if Disneyland/DCA version tomorrow adopted the same unknown female narrator as MK, retaining the original Corey Burton narrator, or having a different narrator for the West Coast, such as potentially Bill Rogers or Bob Joles (Voice of Disneyland).

The original narration "A nation of courage and independence" has been kept, only male voice were replaced by women. We seen that on the video.

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
It seems odd, as it wasn’t even the 180 they would do when they ran the show multiple times back in 2013.

I wonder if something went wrong? It was the three sites behind castle, one by contemp, and then the lagoon launch. Not even symmetrical (unless a launch site was off camera to the left).

We will have to wait for tomorrow to see.
For New Years/FITS, there were only two launches in the lagoon also iirc (main mirror and right adjacent). And no, it wasn't cut off camera.

gerarar

Premium Member
360° perimeters didn't fully return this Fourth, sadly.

Only 5 total launchers were used.
Main, two adjacent ones (not ones used in DE), then the main-mirror in lagoon, and right adjacent to mirror.

View from Poly beach:

Looking back at this, I was mistaken & there actually may have been 7 total launchers used last night.

The two DE launchers, nearest to the main center launch were used in the "and the Rocket's red glare" part when the high red comets went off.

See how #2 and #3 match DE's #2 and #3
Screenshot_20220704-094829_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220704-095233_YouTube.jpg

DE screenshot is from the Moana reprise.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Looking back at this, there may have been actually 7 total launchers used.

The two DE launchers, nearest to the main center launch were used in the "And the Rocket's red glare" part when the high red comets went off.

See how #2 and #3 match DE's #2 and #3
View attachment 650977
View attachment 650978
DE screenshot is from the Moana reprise.
7 was what I thought I saw from in the park The 2 east and 2 west were missing.

Normal full pattern.
1656946885922.jpeg

from the NYE show to illustrate the normal 11 launch site pattern.
1656947080397.jpeg

Last edited:

gerarar

Premium Member
7 was what I thought I saw from in the park The 2 east and 2 west were missing.

Normal full pattern.
View attachment 650980
#2 and #3 (in my ss below) didn't exist years prior however. Those were additions that came with DE I believe.
However, #2/3 weren't even used in the final moments, so for clarities sake, only 5/11 launchers (#1, 4, 5, 6, 7) were only really used/online last night.
Screenshot_20220704-094829_YouTube.jpg

In previous years, 3 red comets come from the main center launch site:
Screenshot_20220704-100853_YouTube.jpg

This changed to two, but additional ones were added to the DE launch sites, making it seem like 4 red comets coming from center main.

Last edited:

mm52200

That not been my experience over the last 20 years living here. I usually go to MK on the 3rd (commonly Poly beach) and EC on the 4th. The 3rd has always been full 360 show until 2020. I’ve got many years of photos from Poly Beach to validate it.
Cool.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
That not been my experience over the last 20 years living here. I usually go to MK on the 3rd (commonly Poly beach) and EC on the 4th. The 3rd has always been full 360 show until 2020. I’ve got many years of photos from Poly Beach to validate it.
That has been my experience also. We always did the Poly on the third and it was 360.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom