July 2013 Roll Call

PineapplePrincess

So I did a search and couldn't find a roll call for July.
We (myself, DH & DD15) will be at a BLT studio from July 19-27. Then we are off to Vero Beach for 3 nights

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Never been to Disney in July, is it totally insane?!
As a teacher, and because of my daughter's sports schedule, July is the only month that works well for us.
It's not totally insane....just slightly. Not as bad as Easter Break for sure, but it is hot, and there are tour groups. You can't avoid the tour groups in the parks, but you can kind of avoid them outside of the parks. Stay at resorts that they don't frequent, and eat mostly at table service restaurants.
We manage the heat by going early in the morning, and leaving in the afternoon. We have a nice dinner, and then maybe back to a park at night.
We are fortunate to be able to go every year, so we kind of have it down to a Science.

Upvote 0

prfctlyximprct

As a teacher, and because of my daughter's sports schedule, July is the only month that works well for us.
It's not totally insane....just slightly. Not as bad as Easter Break for sure, but it is hot, and there are tour groups. You can't avoid the tour groups in the parks, but you can kind of avoid them outside of the parks. Stay at resorts that they don't frequent, and eat mostly at table service restaurants.
We manage the heat by going early in the morning, and leaving in the afternoon. We have a nice dinner, and then maybe back to a park at night.
We are fortunate to be able to go every year, so we kind of have it down to a Science.

Thank you for your insight!! I've been in August before and it was crowded and hot so I feel like it has to be the same as that! I'm so excited!

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
July 21-August 2 - 2 nights BLT, 3 nights BC, 7 nights OKW. Longest trip ever and last with our daughter still considered a 'child.'

Upvote 0

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

Sounds exactly like us! Teacher and daughter's sports keep us going either Thanksgiving weekend, Easter week,CHristmas week, or July. Once managed a long weekend in January (MLK) and the lack of crowds was incredible!

Upvote 0

HollyAD

July 19th-24th..A quick one night at All Star Movies (which my son will love!) Then over to AKL villas...I don't really care about the crowds because it's the only time my family can go. I agree with going to the park early then returning later in the day and taking advantage of the extra magic hours!.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom