July 17th DL plans?

Mukta

Original Poster
I went to DL on 7/17/2005. I got there at 4 am, and saw all of the awesome presentations, shows etc. I got my free ears, ate cupcakes and cried at the beautiful tributes to Walt.

In anticipation of this year, I have taken time off of work and booked a room at the DL hotel. I thought I would need to be there super early. Since no real plans have been released yet, I am thinking of canceling my room.

Has anyone here heard anything other than dressing in 50s gear?

rodserling27

I had no clue that the 1950s dress was a thing!!! I have been planning for years to dress up as WED, mustache and all, and walk around DL all day on July 17. Now I know everyone dressing in 50s gear will make it even more amazing and fun!!!

GiveMeTheMusic

Multiple 60th photo locations with a rededication ceremony at 10am hosted by Colglazier and broadcast on LCDs throughout the resort. Pre-parade before Soundsational, 50's themed dance parties in the evening at TLT and Carthay Circle.

Kind of underwhelming, and nowhere near the punch the 50th had.

Californian Elitist

The 60th in general doesn't compare to the 50th celebration. I never expected it to be. Same for the 70th. The 75th, on the other hand...

I'm happy with the offerings on Friday.

Mukta

Original Poster
Multiple 60th photo locations with a rededication ceremony at 10am hosted by Colglazier and broadcast on LCDs throughout the resort. Pre-parade before Soundsational, 50's themed dance parties in the evening at TLT and Carthay Circle.

Kind of underwhelming, and nowhere near the punch the 50th had.
Thanks for the info!

corona79

Business hours are over in California, and nothing from the blog or twitter feeds.
Maybe Disney figures that no publicity would prevent another fiasco like the 24-hour party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom