Journey to Atlantis (Original Ride)

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
In my trip report, I mentioned that I was unaware of any broken or missing fx on the Atlantis ride...well now I know, lol

Quite a bit missing today, but at least the flume is still fun and the sets are nice.

cheezbat

Even with missing effects I still absolutely love this ride too. It’s still my favorite at Sea World(Mako a VERY close second!). The dark ride portions, scary parts, part water ride/part roller coaster, and of course the Beetlejuice music! I always thought that was weird but I loved it!

I wish they’d spend a bit of money to fix it back up to its original state, but I guess with current Sea World management I shouldn’t hold my breath.

Tom Morrow

Even with missing effects I still absolutely love this ride too. It’s still my favorite at Sea World(Mako a VERY close second!). The dark ride portions, scary parts, part water ride/part roller coaster, and of course the Beetlejuice music! I always thought that was weird but I loved it!

I wish they’d spend a bit of money to fix it back up to its original state, but I guess with current Sea World management I shouldn’t hold my breath.
This might be a bit confusing if you haven't been on the ride in a while... but ALL of the effects and story and scary parts are gone. It's just some colorful sets you float past now.

The Beetlejuice music is gone too :(

Last edited:

cheezbat

This might be a bit confusing if you haven't been on the ride in a while... but ALL of the effects and story and scary parts are gone. It's just some colorful sets you float past now.

The Beetlejuice music is gone too :(
Haven’t been since Mako first opened...and I think Journey was closed for maintanence the day I last visited, so it’s been awhile!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom