Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Rich Brownn

Looks like soft openings have started last night for Moana: Journey of Water..

Did someone forget to include a drain in the bypass? LOL (I remember in the 70s this was daily in Fantasyland... seems the engineers forgot that it rains a lot here, versus California)

dennis-in-ct

I don’t disagree. I would argue that IASW would also fit (perhaps be a better fit) in EPCOT but that doesn’t mean it is “in the wrong park”.

Just because some could also reasonably be placed in a different park doesn’t mean it inappropriate for where it is built.
Reading your comment that It’s a small world would be a better fit in Epcot makes me wonder if the Magic Kingdom needs that space to expand into the unused land behind Rivers of America.

Small world would fit in Epcot seeing as it originally Debuted in the 1964 worlds fair which is Epcot’s inspiration.

Disstevefan1

Thanks for the photos. They kept the EPCOT Monorail loop closed as long as they could so we would not see the construction site. What a mess. This looks to be years away from completion..’m understanding the concept of this correctly it’s just landscaping and water features and landscaping right? The show elements don’t seem to be terribly intricate.

Should it take that long? Not at all if it’s water elements and landscaping without too many intricate show elements.

Will it take that long? Probably .

SteveAZee

I don’t disagree. I would argue that IASW would also fit (perhaps be a better fit) in EPCOT but that doesn’t mean it is “in the wrong park”.

Just because some could also reasonably be placed in a different park doesn’t mean it inappropriate for where it is built.
It seems like the interest in getting IASW into EPCOT is twofold... get the attraction out of Fantasyland so that space can open up and expand, perhaps northward. The other part is that the concept of it (we're all in this together) makes more sense with World Showcase. Disney's not opposed to repeating concepts (Tomorrowland vs Future World, etc) so if IASW stays at MK, perhaps a more thoughtful, mature version of the concept could find a home at EPCOT. It doesn't solve the problem of IASW bottleneck/expansion issue, but it would be a nice attraction to have at EPCOT if done well.

RSoxNo1

It seems like the interest in getting IASW into EPCOT is twofold... get the attraction out of Fantasyland so that space can open up and expand, perhaps northward. The other part is that the concept of it (we're all in this together) makes more sense with World Showcase. Disney's not opposed to repeating concepts (Tomorrowland vs Future World, etc) so if IASW stays at MK, perhaps a more thoughtful, mature version of the concept could find a home at EPCOT. It doesn't solve the problem of IASW bottleneck/expansion issue, but it would be a nice attraction to have at EPCOT if done well.
I would also argue that so many of us state that characters belong in Fantasyland and the opposite might also be true. Non-character based attractions don't really belong in Fantasyland.

If we're playing the game where we can pick up and re-locate attractions at will, I'd have both Soarin' and it's a small world be Showcase Plaza attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom