Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Those foundations are also the roof of the utilidors below, so they will remain as-is. They are adding to the utilidors too, for example, two new rooms to hold the Moana pumps and computers
That makes sense, I thought maybe that stairway was being put back to make it symmetrical to the other side with Journey thru Water behind that wall. I wonder if the new Fountain of Nations or whatever there calling it will start along with this construction since I would imagine they will share the same hardware housing and pump house.

Poseidon Quest

can you show me another coaster like this?
The hype is that we are getting a coaster that acts like an omnimover (an EPCOT staple.) Spinning coasters exist, but one that has its speed and POV controlled and timed with show scenes? Has it been done before? I'm not familiar if so.

Except it's not launched and has almost no gravity-powered acceleration, so the Guardians system is unique.

There's quite literally a launch at the end.

Incomudro

There's quite literally a launch at the end.

Gringott's doesn't feel much like a coaster at all though in parts.
More like a fast omnimover that makes frequent stops.
One of the biggest disappointments about it to us, was that it led us to believe it would be exciting - but it wasn't.
I don't know this for sure, but the impression I'm getting is that Guardian's is going to have far more constant motion than Gringott's.
That constant starting and stopping of Gringott's... Stopping to watch a movie, then starting again - ruined the continuity of the ride.
I'm of the belief, and hope that Guardians will not do that.

James Alucobond

Moana dining experience in The Land pavilion perhaps?
I know others would actively hate it, but I'd be up for it if it meant the entry hall to The Land attractions got a decent refresh. 🤷‍♂️
Those useless buildings could have been used for something more Epcot related. A Wall-E meet and greet, more stores, restaurants, snacks, etc.
How is Wall-E's bleak future more EPCOT? While I agree that Moana could make a nice addition to Adventureland, I'm not a fan of suggesting we knock down functioning attractions like the Treehouse to make way for her. At least the spot Journey of Water is occupying in EPCOT serves to revitalize a previously dormant area of the park.

Snow Queen 83

I know others would actively hate it, but I'd be up for it if it meant the entry hall to The Land attractions got a decent refresh. 🤷‍♂️

How is Wall-E's bleak future more EPCOT? While I agree that Moana could make a nice addition to Adventureland, I'm not a fan of suggesting we knock down functioning attractions like the Treehouse to make way for her. At least the spot Journey of Water is occupying in EPCOT serves to revitalize a previously dormant area of the park.

Wall-E is a story that teaches a lesson about mistreating your planet. Thus it fits perfectly with Epcot's original Edutainment theming.

Plus it's about our Community of Tomorrow, which is in the title for the park.

IMDREW

I think Gringotts would've been a perfect ride if it would've had a real coaster part at the end of it. It's all build up for not much reward now. But imagine a good roller coaster segment after the dragon launch at the end and it would be top notch imo. Still absolutely love it though, especially the first drop. I was blown away first time I rode that.

Incomudro

Wall-E is a story that teaches a lesson about mistreating your planet. Thus it fits perfectly with Epcot's original Edutainment theming.

Plus it's about our Community of Tomorrow, which is in the title for the park.
I love Wall-E, and I think it would have been great to have him in Epcot.
Matter of fact, Guardians could and should have been Wall-E.
They could have incorporated the fire extinguisher flying sequence as part of the coaster.
I just don't think cramming him into a meet and greet in one of those building would have been the way to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom