Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Phicinfan

they missed some landscaping or water features... because they paved over them to make a HUGE courtyard... that doesn't mean tear down the building and replace it with trees...it just means restore the missing landscape and water features...
This de-furbishment of Communicore adds nothing to the overall experience except you have to walk a long long way to reach shelter or anything to do... It is going to be great in the frequent rainstorms Florida is known for... No one is paying $100+ to visit a public park...
Revitalized attractions, restored landscape and water features would have been the direction VS tearing down half of the entrance plaza...
No one was paying $100 for an empty communicore. We almost all would have preferred an up to date EPCOT as it was. That ship has sailed.
I will add we still haven't gotten any verification, unless I missed it, that Communicore on that side was torn down solely due to this. I believe it was also the bar stool building that was part of the cause.

That all being said, it doesn't rain all that much, they make a ton off of all the booths and such for each festival that are outside, and this potentially has the ability to give some beautiful variation vs. tables and chairs for a bar.

Bocabear

Moana would also fit beautifully in the Animal Kingdom...creating an entice Pacific Island section of the park...A ride, a nature walk and tidal pool discovery area replacing Chester and Hester and leading up to the Nemo show... It would fit seamlessly and be a real upgrade from the spinner ride and games of chance that are left there.

Phicinfan

Just because the dog **** on my carpet once doesn't mean I want him to pee on it too.

Moana has a park it should go in... it's called Magic Kingdom.
Just for the record.... We are wanting to place Moana in MK for adventure land yes? Isn't that profiling?

wouldn't DHS also work? Isn't that the movie park?

Phicinfan

Moana would also fit beautifully in the Animal Kingdom...creating an entice Pacific Island section of the park...A ride, a nature walk and tidal pool discovery area replacing Chester and Hester and leading up to the Nemo show... It would fit seamlessly and be a real upgrade from the spinner ride and games of chance that are left there.
Actually, I fully agree with this, This could have been a huge hit had they expanded and tied it into a pacific island theme and such....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're wrong, Moana doesn't belong in Epcot.

It belongs in Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom. Just because a movie has water in it doesn't mean it belongs in the nature section.
Neither do corporate sponsors belong in Epcot. And yet, they have been and are there.

In fact, a corporate sponsor pushed Disney to perpetuate a myth about oil (that it came from dinosaurs). So much for edutainment. [And yes, the Ellen version didn't perpetuate it explicitly, but they still inexplicably kept the dinosaurs in the attraction.]

Test Track has a corporate sponsor: GM. And the product GM is hawking is Chevrolet cars. Just the perfect thing for a "Future World".... a gas engine car!! What a world of the future we're going to have!!!

JoW has a corporate sponsor: Disney. And the product Disney is hawking is Moana. It's a movie in which the sea was a living thing. That seems to mesh with a "journey of water" leading to "the living seas."

Beats a combustion engine.

itsy bitsy spider

No you're wrong. It has to do with Nature, which potentially fits in EPCOT in the World of Nature area. See, I can do this all day as well. Your opinion does not make YOU right.

By your logic then any movie can be allowed in Epcot that has water. Might as well put Tom Sawyer's Island and Splash Mountain in this park then. Let's see! Princess and The Frog has swamp water, you want that as well?

Phicinfan

By your logic then any movie can be allowed in Epcot that has water. Might as well put Tom Sawyer's Island and Splash Mountain in this park then. Let's see Princess and The Frog has swamp water, you want that as well?
No, because you can't seem to read. Moana is focused on nature and how Water plays a key role in life. They are putting this nature area right in front of the Seas and Land that have the same message. Perhaps if Disney has a plan somewhat after all, and once again, some just want to complain, cause....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You said nowhere but the plaza
Actually, I did not.
The canopies blocked your view of SSE from WS? In all my trips over the past 20 years I can recall exactly zero instances of that happening.

Is it "World Grasping At Straws Day" today, or is it just in this thread?
I didn’t say blocked completely, I meant it obscured parts of it.

Unless quoting your own words is somehow misquoting what you said.

Bocabear

Right? That‘s about all it‘s done for several days in a row now. ☔

“And it rained…and it rained…and it rained…the deluge.” 😂
We got stuck coming out of Tower Of Terror about 3pm with a huge downpour a week and a half ago... We were completely soaked through by the time we made it to the front of the park...and then found that the Skyliner back to the Riviera was also shut down...I have not been that wet in years...and it rained until about 7pm... It felt like the deluge...wish we had a hydrolator...lol

doctornick

No you're wrong. It has to do with Nature, which potentially fits in EPCOT in the World of Nature area. See, I can do this all day as well. Your opinion does not make YOU right.
Not that I expect it to be the thrust of JoE, but I think the themes of Polynesian peoples exploring and way finding that was big in Moana is very much in line with the human achievement aspect of FW (and human interaction with nature that is the point of Workd Nature)

Bocabear

it's a stretch... Does anything about this park make you think that MOANA is a sure thematic fit? seriously?
I like a water feature for sure... but placement seems odd... asymmetrical entrance plaza seems odd... Maybe there is a lot more to the story we don't know about that will bring it all together, but at this moment it all feels so disjointed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom