Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

SpoiledBlueMilk

BIM, building information modeling. To simplify, CAD is dumb and BIM is smart. While CAD software has been expanded to include some smart features and 3D tools, it is largely a facsimile of paper and pencil. Lines are just lines, they don’t know that they are supposed to be a thing that is part of something. BIM uses 3D models to generate the drawings that compose the “blueprints” but there is information associated with what you see, it knows there are walls, floors, roofs, doors, light fixtures, and so on and so forth. Since it’s a 3D model it can also be rendered and is then publicized as “concept art” that isn’t actually conceptual.

If you remember back to New Fantasyland there were videos showing off how they were using 3D models for coordination, that was BIM. This document also shows some of the differences:
The 10,000 question - Autodesk or Bentley?

James Alucobond

Won’t JOW be like Disneyland’s Pixie Hollow? Wouldn’t mind the light show they did as well at night lol.
One would hope it's generally more elaborate in its daytime execution, and if it has a night component, I'd want it to be slightly less ... spastic. The slow, spiraling portions are nice, but that flashing seems a bit too much, though I've never seen it in person to know the effect when viewed live. Regardless, I always feel like the lighting in EPCOT has a much more fluid vibe, and the new courtyard plays into that with the shifting LED strips. I'd want to see that theme continue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom