Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

techgeek

It's a walk through with minimal interactivity (hands!). In front of them will be Walt's statue, that interactive tree thing, and a towering Festival Center. So, there are thing pulling people forward, especially if they know that their destination isn't The Seas.

Do we know if this will be a capacity controlled ‘gated’ walk-through, or will it be treated as just another path?

Brer Panther

Very surprised this is going here. Not necessarily the “Journey Of Water”, but the Mona overlay. The park that really needs another Princess is AK, and this is the only character to my mind that fits into the conservation and “I respect the planet” thing that AK has going. Or otherwise Adventureland makes much more sense. An easy way to sop up capacity without a huge bump in tourism (I imagine there are a lot of kids going to the parks that are interested in Moana but would not be making a special trip for her), and the theme is perfect.

I could see Moana in Adventureland, but I don't think it'd really fit in Animal Kingdom. Moana doesn't really have anything to do with, you know, animals. There's a pig, a chicken and a giant crab, but by that logic you could stick Frozen in Animal Kingdom because there's a reindeer and some wolves.

RobWDW1971

I could see Moana in Adventureland, but I don't think it'd really fit in Animal Kingdom. Moana doesn't really have anything to do with, you know, animals. There's a pig, a chicken and a giant crab, but by that logic you could stick Frozen in Animal Kingdom because there's a reindeer and some wolves.
Or a carnival with game booths and a spinner that looks like a dinosaur.

Disneyson

Kali doesn't strictly deal with animals either (as it was supposed to), but about environmental crisis. Moana does know a thing or two about restoring balance to nature. Instead of recycling, working with local officials to stop deforestation, or supporting ecotourism efforts that cause minimal environmental impact, she stuck a rock into a monster.

It's... not perfect. But there is a through-line that is essentially about respecting the earth.

Disneyson

I still don't understand why we have to turn Disney into an Episode of Chopped for this IP silliness. It's like giving them a basket of roller coasters, pink **** carpeting and a VHS of Little Mermaid Karaoke.

It shouldn't require that much effort to make sense.

This made me LOL so hard. It‘s true though, those are the mandates of the higher ups, and if I understand it more or less ends up like Chopped.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Moana does know a thing or two about restoring balance to nature. Instead of recycling, working with local officials to stop deforestation, or supporting ecotourism efforts that cause minimal environmental impact, she stuck a rock into a monster.

It's... not perfect. But there is a through-line that is essentially about respecting the earth.

Its much better if you understand the ecological progression of volcanic islands. The reason they are so lush and verdant is because of the mineral content of the material as it degrades into soil over time. That's one of the problems of people's mindsets today, their scale of reference is way too short, they want immediate gratification even if it's short-sighted.

Disneyson

Its much better if you understand the ecological progression of volcanic islands. The reason they are so lush and verdant is because of the mineral content of the material as it degrades into soil over time. That's one of the problems of people's mindsets today, their scale of reference is way too short, they want immediate gratification even if it's short-sighted.

Right, that makes sense - I’ve seen the original pre-show for The Living Seas! It’s true what you say about instant gratification, too.

I wonder if the pathway will begin with a volcano feature or just go over the water cycle.

gustaftp

I wonder why this gets its own icon in the lineup, given that it is really more a part of the Seas than a pavilion.

Lmao i just saw that and i laughed alot! Maybe its more common in british english ? I cant ever remember hearing it in real conversation except when referring to carpet.
Mousepad/MousePlanet used to be (not sure if it still is, I haven't posted there in over 15 years!) amazingly overzealous with the filters. During a Simpsons thread, it would filter out all mentions of "Quimby"... when only part of that word could even be remotely considered derogatory during Victorian times. :D

peter11435

I wonder why this gets its own icon in the lineup, given that it is really more a part of the Seas than a pavilion.

Mousepad/MousePlanet used to be (not sure if it still is, I haven't posted there in over 15 years!) amazingly overzealous with the filters. During a Simpsons thread, it would filter out all mentions of "Quimby"... when only part of that word could even be remotely considered derogatory during Victorian times. :D
Because it’s not considered part of the Seas

EJ96

So in the concept art there seems to be smaller buildings in between the Water Path and the Beer Table, are my eyes deceiving me or are they something else? They’re near where the current CC West breezeway is.

Seabasealpha1

Wouldn’t it be great if the whole attraction’s summed up point would equal what Ernest P Worrel said in the Splash Mountain special?

“Water runs down ‘ya hill...”

10F47E14-A23F-466D-AAF0-DFBCC09A26A4.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom