Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Phicinfan

Why are you impressed with this attraction?
How many times have we asked for a water attraction in DHS or EPCOT? now we get one and you don't like it? It is positioned between the Seas and the Land, after coming from the garden area of the new core. Why would a dark ride fit? I happen to think if this is done well, it will add to that garden like feel

Magenta Panther

How many times have we asked for a water attraction in DHS or EPCOT? now we get one and you don't like it? It is positioned between the Seas and the Land, after coming from the garden area of the new core. Why would a dark ride fit? I happen to think if this is done well, it will add to that garden like feel

Okay.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Why are you impressed with this attraction?

Because it's an interactive water garden. Too many of WDW's water features are cordoned off from guests. One of my complaints of FoN is how elevated it is and then barriered by barriers and a stage. No place to sit and watch. No ability to get near. The impressive waterfall of Canada isn't visible until you exit the theater and then you have a narrow walkway to be near it and experience it, which you can't, because you block other people on the path. Disney creates water features and makes it difficult to experience them. Disney does this with their landscaping, too, but that's another story.

An interactive water garden surrounds you with water. It'll be like standing at the bank of a fast moving creek in the forest. Up close and personal. It's an adult version of a water play pad and you see how much fun kids have in those.

Bocabear

Is it an adult version though? I don't think any of us have seen enough of what they are actually going to build to make that judgement...
And really what adults want to get soaking wet at EPCOT and have to slosh around all day...
My fear is it will end up being another diaper washer like Casey Jr...
I really liked Moana...Was just hoping they would come up with a better way to feature her in WDW...
but this is another short-of-the-mark design at the absolute wrong park...

DisneyOutsider

I don't think any of us have seen enough of what they are actually going to build to make that judgement...

So you seem to believe we have more than enough info to dismiss it as "short-of-the-mark", but not nearly enough info to say anything positive at all.

Bocabear

Whose to say she is not get an actual ride in the future ??
well....that is absolutely true...but it will not likely be at WDW...They will feel like the IP has a presence and that is enough. But who knows...Maybe they will change the entire front corner of Epcot into a Polynesian island fantasy including an actual attraction for Moana... Just not likely...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is it an adult version though? I don't think any of us have seen enough of what they are actually going to build to make that judgement...
And really what adults want to get soaking wet at EPCOT and have to slosh around all day...
My fear is it will end up being another diaper washer like Casey Jr...
I really liked Moana...Was just hoping they would come up with a better way to feature her in WDW...

By "adult version" I was implying (in my mind) that you don't get wet, except with your hands.

bclane

I like the Moana idea because I think it will add beauty to the park in a fun way that will be a treat for kids and hopefully something to behold for adults. I've personally given up on the EPCOT Center idea at WDW as it just gives me a headache to try and hold onto it (since Disney abandoned it long ago). Having said that though, I would have preferred a Moana dark ride in the Magic Kingdom and I think an IP like WALL*E is a better fit for EPCOT if you must bring in more animated characters. I love the whole movie, but the concepts at the end where humanity basically comes together to rebuild a life on an abandoned and practically desolate Earth using technology, ingenuity, and will power, etc. tie into EPCOTs original vision better than Moana....but I'm still happy.

Edit: Even the music sounds at times like it was written for EPCOT.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

I envision this being a fancy virtual queuing area. They'll probabaly stick her Meet & Greet there too to bulk it out.

It pretty much rules out any adventurelandd addition or Tikki Room takeover

Clopin Trouillefou

PSH DISNEY I BET I COULD GET THROUGH THAT MAZE IN 25 MINUTES IF GIVEN 3 ATTEMPTS DRIVER'S-LICENSE-TEST-STYLE, TOO CHEAP TO BUILD SOMETHING THAT THEY'D LITERALLY HAVE TO CALL SEARCH AND RESCUE FOR?!?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA BE STRANDED ON AN ISLAND BEFORE I GET TO NEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(that's "outrage" font. area looks nice. I like foliage).

Bocabear

PSH DISNEY I BET I COULD GET THROUGH THAT MAZE IN 25 MINUTES IF GIVEN 3 ATTEMPTS DRIVER'S-LICENSE-TEST-STYLE, TOO CHEAP TO BUILD SOMETHING THAT THEY'D LITERALLY HAVE TO CALL SEARCH AND RESCUE FOR?!?!?!?! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA BE STRANDED ON AN ISLAND BEFORE I GET TO NEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(that's "outrage" font. area looks nice. I like foliage).
I don't understand your point....

Princess Leia

Almost had a Brave attraction in UK.

The new rib place should be Tiana's.

Snow's gonna have to share Germany with Punzie.
Honestly, the only way ‘Regal Eagle’ makes sense for the non-royal American pavilion restaurant is for the American princess by marriage who owns a restaurant to be the ‘owner’. Then again, maybe Disney should also add more regional foods to that pavilion (NE, Louisiana, SW, NW, soul food, the corn that feeds the Midwest...).

Also, if they ever want to fill the half pavilion spots on the opposite sides of America, a pavilion about Native Americans would be pretty fantastic.

phillip9698

I think Moana deserved a little more than a water play area...A real attraction would have been great... at the right location...

Thats the thing, everyone thinks an IP they like deserves a "real attraction" but when its not the IP of their choosing all of a sudden its "the parks are too IP focused". Small attractions like this that dont require a hundred million dollar building are a welcome addition in my book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom