Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

ObscurityPoint

I’m liking this. An interactive, beautiful garden that spans from the Living Seas to Imagination. Sure, theres an IP tie-in, but the title Journey Of Water implies that it will be an educational experience about the water cycle, or at least not be a ride all about the movie. Sounds like a great, nature-based attraction to put around the Living Seas area. Not bad. Bets on that last poster being Dreamfinder and Figment? (Hopefully. It may be a new country).

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It will be a lovely stroll. A chance to commune with the watery aspect of nature in tranquil harmony.

doctornick

Honestly, Moana's movie focused on exploration and learning more about the world beyond your home. Combined with the setting in Polynesia which is not otherwise represented, I think it is actually a not bad choice for Epcot. Obviously execution matters, but it doesn't seem like the cartoon characters are overly intrusive so this could work well.

Look, they were at one point going to replace the Seas with Little Mermaid - this is a heck of a lot better.

bubbles1812

It will be a lovely stroll. A chance to commune with the watery aspect of nature in tranquil harmony.

View attachment 400916
And inspire us to find a bathroom sooner rather than later...

Kidding. (Maybe? :cautious:)

I think this actually looks fun. I hate that area by the Seas in that the entrance is so blocked in. Even after 20+ years, sometimes I still go down the wrong path. The area needed a design redo and this is overall a nice addition rather than just some more shrubbery. I’m not going to miss Innovations West.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Someone on Twitter is upset that the time setting of Moana is in the past and doesn't belong in **Future** World.

So, shhh.... let's all be very quiet about the Phoenicians and the dinosaurs and the pyramids... and just about everything else which is taking place in the **present.**

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why are people here surprised?

We’ve known about this for a while
Known what? I’m camped out for the Brazil, Spain and Australia pavilions announcements and I can only get a cell signal if I wrap aluminun foil around my earlobes and my underwear...
Yep and I’m actually surprised they’re making into an experience.
Or maybe it’s just something to do...not an “experience”, dusty?
I expected much worse than this.
May still get it...though this isn’t that bad if it’s done well
For me, I've come to accept all the IP in Epcot at this point. As long as it still has some sort of educational aspect to it, I'm for it. Gives something for both the older and younger generations to enjoy. Very excited for Sunday!
I remember a world where wisdom and learning wasn’t encouraged to be “just for the old”
As long as we are focusing on water while listening to that glorious Moana soundtrack, I'm happy with it too. If not, I'm gonna wonder why it's themed to Moana and not just...water.
Like that horrid “shiny” song?

With the immortal “gonna kick your HINEY” line?
Someone on Twitter is upset that the time setting of Moana is in the past and doesn't belong in **Future** World.

So, shhh.... let's all be very quiet about the Phoenicians and the dinosaurs and the pyramids... and just about everything else which is taking place in the **present.**
...you never paid too close of attention to those pavilions, did you?

pdude81

Interesting. Somebody on here was talking about there being an IP replacement for the fountain of nations a few weeks back. Can't remember which thread though

Tom Morrow

My first reaction: ugh, here we go. A Moana ride in Epcot. Disappointed, but not surprised.

But then I realized that its an interactive garden and the concept art makes it look beautiful so honestly I think its fine. Coco in Mexico is fine. Guardians remains the only thing that really, really shouldn't be there.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Known what? I’m camped out for the Brazil, Spain and Australia pavilions announcements and I can only get a cell signal if I wrap aluminun foil around my earlobes and my underwear..
You must have missed Spain was mothballed and Australia was only fanboi wishing then (and an independent third party trying drum up some attention in 2007)

You really should pay more attention :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom