Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Vinnie Mac

I figure I would stop by and check in on the (progress?) of Moana's Journey of fake rock work Water.
Yup, we got something here, not sure what it is, but we got something.
It's so depressing, but I must look, I can't look away, it's like a twenty car pile up without the casualties.
I think it looks fine. Will probably look brilliant at night when the area is all lit up. Probably would be a good opportunity to put those little specks of light in the pavement too.

Epcot82Guy

It's not meant to be exciting.
It's meant to be peaceful, and a respite from the cold, dated, dystopian, expanses of concrete and grey sterility.

No - It's meant to showcase a brand that they believe children like, dressed in the idea of a garden-like setting. Any "respite" you describe is by happenstance. Epcot needs updating no doubt. This isn't how you do it.

Peaceful, restful areas are some of the most exciting on Disney property. Believe it or not, something doesn't have to be grand or highly stimulating to be exciting. This just isn't exciting because of the design flaws it has.

And, if you believe this is how it must be done because Epcot is "dystopian", I don't know what to say. That statement seems to 100% miss the plot of the entire park and its story.

J4546

Construction update from 'Journey of Water Inspired by Moana' at EPCOT​

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_49456.jpg
Love seeing it all coming together, cant wait to start seeing trees and landscaping get put in!

Vinnie Mac

No - It's meant to showcase a brand that they believe children like, dressed in the idea of a garden-like setting. Any "respite" you describe is by happenstance. Epcot needs updating no doubt. This isn't how you do it.

Peaceful, restful areas are some of the most exciting on Disney property. Believe it or not, something doesn't have to be grand or highly stimulating to be exciting. This just isn't exciting because of the design flaws it has.

And, if you believe this is how it must be done because Epcot is "dystopian", I don't know what to say. That statement seems to 100% miss the plot of the entire park and its story.
I don't know when y'all are gonna understand that most of everything we are seeing is done entirely or partially due to guest response.

Literally one of the biggest issues with EPCOT in the last decade was the lack of greenery in Future World. I can promise you this new EPCOT will not have that issue.

Incomudro

The entire park and story is dated.
It's a future that never happened.
Modern areas - are not expanses of grey, barren concrete anymore.
(I know Epcot did have more greenery decades ago.)
Many modern plazas, and structures now have lots of natural looking areas.
I think of the High Line in New York City.
Yes, it's got elements "children will like" or rather recognize from the movie - as most areas of the parks have recognizable elements from Disney films.
As for how exciting you'll find this restful area, that's for you to judge personally.
It's not even completed yet.
Perhaps give it a chance and walk through it when it's done, instead of hating it on some principal that it shouldn't exist on some premise of Epcot that hasn't existed since the early 90's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom