Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Haymarket2008

Wait, did I miss something? Does this spine rehab make the Seas no longer a dead end? Can someone explain this?

Correct, the path by the seas now flows out to the exit.

It seems that the plan is to fill that path in and create a new one that is adjacent to the current exit of Spaceship Earth.

Attachments

• World Celebration.jpeg
    World Celebration.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 234

Epcot82Guy

The set up is a bit of my disappointment. I had originally assumed this have several entrance points. You could come into the cycle from various points. So, it would create a very organic, zone, much like the Oasis at DAK, Pandora's main area, the original CommuniCore buildings, etc. This feels more like the various mazes at the international parks or animal areas, on a much smaller scale. That's not a bad model. It just seems to segment this part of the park in a very weird way.

dreday3

The set up is a bit of my disappointment. I had originally assumed this have several entrance points. You could come into the cycle from various points. So, it would create a very organic, zone, much like the Oasis at DAK, Pandora's main area, the original CommuniCore buildings, etc. This feels more like the various mazes at the international parks or animal areas, on a much smaller scale. That's not a bad model. It just seems to segment this part of the park in a very weird way.

My disappoint is lets get it OPEN ALREADY!!!

Yeesh. :D

James Alucobond

I prefer this segmentation to what was originally shown. It better clusters the World Nature pavilions and makes the Coral Reef Restaurant feel like it doesn't exist in such a dead end. Additionally, while still not ideal, it at least feels more symmetrical than the original design and seems to provide more shade than was indicated in the early drawings.

Epcot82Guy

I prefer this segmentation to what was originally shown. It better clusters the World Nature pavilions and makes the Coral Reef Restaurant feel like it doesn't exist in such a dead end. Additionally, while still not ideal, it at least feels more symmetrical than the original design and seems to provide more shade than was indicated in the early drawings.

That's fair. Another option would have been something on the World Nature quadrant of the plaza. Something small and nature-focused to complete the circle would also work. And then arrange the entry to be "Land to Sea" maybe. It's better than the original, no doubt. It just quite isn't there for me.

FigmentFan82

You can probably add Guardians to that list as well.. Its a very mundane hallway that feels very backstage to me.
True, though evidently that one is literally supposed to be a "backstage exit" but I think that's pretty weak sauce for an explanation. 99% would not realize it was done on purpose (I certainly wouldn't if I hadn't read it on the interwebz first)

bhg469

True, though evidently that one is literally supposed to be a "backstage exit" but I think that's pretty weak sauce for an explanation. 99% would not realize it was done on purpose (I certainly wouldn't if I hadn't read it on the interwebz first)
Yeah, the mirror they hang right before you go out is their "theme"... UGH..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom