Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1655833026497.png

cookiee_munster

Wow. Still looks a long way from being finished. I am not at all excited about this, I just want them to finish whatever they are trying to do here and get the walls down..
It's nuts! I think the fact that it is right there in the "centre" of the park is so glaringly obvious, whereas if it were around the outer edge away from most of guests views it wouldn't have been so bad and just not as... urgh... lol

There's no Christmas decoration big enough to cover that mess...

03-phoebe-buffay.jpg

Figments Friend

I see the work coming along on this, and i am still questioning in all seriousness as to why this project was pushed ahead to actually be done.
The money being spent on this 'water wonderland' walk through experience seems a bit misguided, especially when it could have been better used to address issues at exsisting Pavillions.

This project would have been better suited for DAK then Epcot, in my opinion.
Would have been a rather nice addition.
WHY Epcot...?

-

Patcheslee

I see the work coming along on this, and i am still questioning in all seriousness as to why this project was pushed ahead to actually be done.
The money being spent on this 'water wonderland' walk through experience seems a bit misguided, especially when it could have been better used to address issues at exsisting Pavillions.

This project would have been better suited for DAK then Epcot, in my opinion.
Would have been a rather nice addition.
WHY Epcot...?

-
For me Epcot feels the most "concrete jungle". I remember dreading what seemed like way too long of a walk to actual attractions on hot days.

doctornick

yeah, adding lush greenscape to epcot is a huge win imo, the new center spine concept looks great as well
I also feel like it strengthens the concept of World Nature as a neighborhood. If it adds some edutainment as well (plus who knows maybe some exposure to Polynesian culture though I doubt it) that helps solidify the fit for Epcot and more specifically the other World Nature pavilion that have water as a key foundational element

No Name

Epcot is certainly too concrete-heavy, but the solution can’t go against the whole premise of the park, which is a meta worlds fair expo of sorts, as reinforced by Cosmic Rewind. I’m not sure an isolated section of fake rockwork that clashes with the design and symmetry of the rest of the area is really the solution.

Again, I agree it’s too concrete heavy, but I challenge you to defend this:
1656290145977.jpeg

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Epcot is certainly too concrete-heavy, but the solution can’t go against the whole premise of the park, which is a meta worlds fair expo of sorts, as reinforced by Cosmic Rewind. I’m not sure an isolated section of fake rockwork that clashes with the design and symmetry of the rest of the area is really the solution.

Again, I agree it’s too concrete heavy, but I challenge you to defend this: View attachment 648786
I blame Nova Prime.

trainplane3

For me Epcot feels the most "concrete jungle". I remember dreading what seemed like way too long of a walk to actual attractions on hot days.
DHS has taken that crown for me. GE is near shadeless, Toy Story is shadeless, the entrance is a city block but at least a/c blows into the walkways and sunset is the same, and ST and Muppets areas are just exposed concrete.

Bocabear

Really the only large concrete area was the central plaza of Future World which started out as connecting waterways and more trees...over time it was paved over...a simple solution would have been restoring the original central plaza to it's 1981 footprint...The new hub is no longer a hub but feels like a pointless space of trees with a water play splash pad.... Maybe things will become more apparent as it completes. I was sad to hear that the fountains planned for the central core have already been downgraded to raised planters for promotional displays...

HauntedMansionFLA

Really the only large concrete area was the central plaza of Future World which started out as connecting waterways and more trees...over time it was paved over...a simple solution would have been restoring the original central plaza to it's 1981 footprint...The new hub is no longer a hub but feels like a pointless space of trees with a water play splash pad.... Maybe things will become more apparent as it completes. I was sad to hear that the fountains planned for the central core have already been downgraded to raised planters for promotional displays...
Where was it announced the fountains were downgraded?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
In the most recent artist concept of the central hub. It's now more of a landscaped display for the current seasonal festival with built-in lighting in the pavers and other lighting everywhere to coordinate with SSE and the whole of the Hub for a light show.

What I'd like to know was when the interactive walk-thru water attraction of which we see massive concrete forms already being built was downgraded to "a splash pad." ;)

Bocabear

It was posted on here actually as well as many other places...an official press release.
Last update, the central "EPCOT plaza fountain (on the communicore side) was now a series of raised planters with holiday/promotional decor. It was announced and artwork was posted.

HauntedMansionFLA

In the most recent artist concept of the central hub. It's now more of a landscaped display for the current seasonal festival with built-in lighting in the pavers and other lighting everywhere to coordinate with SSE and the whole of the Hub for a light show.

What I'd like to know was when the interactive walk-thru water attraction of which we see massive concrete forms already being built was downgraded to "a splash pad." ;)
No beer garden in the middle?

Vinnie Mac

I don't see a major problem with this addition to Epcot.

Let's see...

Pros:

Adds more life to an area that was once a concrete jungle

Will provide shade

Will feature impressive rock work and effects involving water

Will likely look VERY cool at night

It even sounds like it's going to include elements of gasp edutainment???

Cons:

Taking forever to build

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom