Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

dennis-in-ct

I think the more rational criticisms seem to be that leaving half of an existing large concrete structure, then building an off-center festival center that will inevitably look less 80s then the innoventions building and probably not compliment the design well, and then having a water walkthrough area, might not all mesh so well together. Also, the Creations shop looks fairly modern now, but how will it hold up in 15 years, and so is this money bring spent on a solution to the problem or just a routine step in bringing things up to speed?

People who are against the change because it’s not how it used to be aren’t really going to be swayed.

I am more than ok with the update to future world. Having landscape with bring charm and beauty. I was secretly hoping that some minor attraction like a rethemed Tokyo DisneySea’s Aquatopia would find it’s way in the redesign. That would have helped families (small child and a grandparent) to have something additional to ride.
I always thought the east and west buildings look super cool from an aerial view but I never felt comfortable in the space. It was confusing due to the symmetry.

Last edited:

doctornick

I am more than ok with the update to future world. Having landscape with bring charm and beauty. I was secretly hoping that some minor attraction like a rethemed Tokyo DisneySea’s Aquatopia would find it’s way in the redesign. That would have helped adding something for the family (small child and a grandparent).

Huh. You know, a version of Aquatopia isn't a bad idea for the area. If they do end up building a festival center - especially one that is elevated to provide for fireworks viewing - integrating something like Aquatopia on around the base would be some pretty cool kinetics.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Huh. You know, a version of Aquatopia isn't a bad idea for the area. If they do end up building a festival center - especially one that is elevated to provide for fireworks viewing - integrating something like Aquatopia on around the base would be some pretty cool kinetics.
…what makes you believe they have even the slightest desire to build anything?

Movielover

Aquatopia would be a very interesting choice...but what IP would they overlay...lol
At least it is great visual candy.

Moana of course !! 😀
I get that was a joke, but honestly that's actually a really good fit for a IP and attraction tech infusion in either Fantasyland or Adventureland. The in-world magic of Moana would fit perfectly with the water effects and vehicle movement of Aquatopia. Just make it an actual narrative ride and I think that would be a hit! It certainly makes more sense that shoe horning PatF into Splash Mountain.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Construction update from 'Journey of Water Inspired by Moana' at EPCOT​

Journey-of-Water-Inspired-by-Moana_Full_45577.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom