Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I get why they didn't build the restaurant, but by not doing so they also made the ride somewhat pointless.

I'll post more about this in the actual Ratatouille thread.
I dunno. I didn’t have to even go into the restaurant to enjoy the attraction at DLP. I will say the courtyard and surrounding area outside the attraction there is pretty gorgeous.

it’s a solid ride IMO. Nothing mind blowing though. Just Good fun.

oh yeah. Wrong thread. Lol

DisneyDodo

Disney critics: “We need more D tickets. Not everything has to be so elaborate. Just add things to help spread out the crowds.”

*Disney adds a D ticket*

Disney critics: “They could have done so much more with this! It’s definitely not an E ticket. We deserve better!”

[Edit: I thought I was in the Ratatouille thread when I posted that. This was not in reference to JoW.]

Vinnie Mac

There's nothing preventing anything new in EPCOT from comparing to or even beating what was there in the 80s; Disney just doesn't seem to have any interest in actually building something of that quality.
Understood. I don't agree but I understand what you are saying.

I'm just not 100% sure why we have to kill something that hasn't even fully had a chance to live yet. Constantly comparing a version of Epcot that has only been halfway realized (as of now) to a full complete Epcot of the past is wrong in my opinion. I get it, old Epcot was great, amazing even and I'm not saying that from a place of sarcasm. But at least give the new Epcot a chance.

The bits and pieces of the new Epcot that have been completed so far have all received positive (sometimes very positive) reviews from both the general public and Disney fans alike:

Frozen Ever After
The new Epcot entrance
The SSE lights
Space 220
Ratatouille
HarmonioUS

And though I can't tell the future, I can dang near guarantee you GotG:CR will be very well received.

Things are going in a good direction right now, just give it a chance.

Casper Gutman

Disney critics: “We need more D tickets. Not everything has to be so elaborate. Just add things to help spread out the crowds.”

*Disney adds a D ticket*

Disney critics: “They could have done so much more with this! It’s definitely not an E ticket. We deserve better!”

[Edit: I thought I was in the Ratatouille thread when I posted that. This was not in reference to JoW.]
It's a cute D-Ticket.

Disney is charging for it like an E-Ticket.

Disney set the terms. And on their terms its a failure.

Casper Gutman

Ad hominem.

"If people don't like it in the same way I don't like it, then they must have some ulterior motive why they aren't bashing it like I am!!"

I believe the next step is to call them either 'sheeple' or 'pixie dusters' for having been brainwashed into accepting it.

Rat was way before MMRR. So, it's unfair to compare it to later LPS rides that upped the SFX.

Also, IMO, Transformers was awful, despite having almost the very same ride system as Spider-Man, which I think is one of the best rides around.

But, I'm not about to try to explain how Universal trained you to like it against your better judgment.
Ah, this is one of those super cute instances where folks who are more positive about WDW falsely claim to be called names all the time as an excuse to call other posters names.

This has happened several times in the last month and its tiresome.

I can't recall the last time I saw a poster seriously call another poster a pixie-duster or the like.

And at WDW, Rat was after MMRR. Those are the terms on which it should be judged. Disney made the choice to import that particular ride.

And Transformers isn't awful. Its quite good - certainly better then any of the movies its based on.

Casper Gutman

Understood. I don't agree but I understand what you are saying.

I'm just not 100% sure why we have to kill something that hasn't even fully had a chance to live yet. Constantly comparing a version of Epcot that has only been halfway realized (as of now) to a full complete Epcot of the past is wrong in my opinion. I get it, old Epcot was great, amazing even and I'm not saying that from a place of sarcasm. But at least give the new Epcot a chance.

The bits and pieces of the new Epcot that have been completed so far have all received positive (sometimes very positive) reviews from both the general public and Disney fans alike:

Frozen Ever After
The new Epcot entrance
The SSE lights
Space 220
Ratatouille
HarmonioUS

And though I can't tell the future, I can dang near guarantee you GotG:CR will be very well received.

Things are going in a good direction right now, just give it a chance.
Wait... the only parts of that list that are particularly widely praised are the new entrance and the lights - and the former is literally just removing mistakes WDW had left in place for decades.

Frozen Ever After squandered Disney's biggest animated IP by value-engineering it into a pre-existing ride. And that previous ride was more completely realized then the current cool-AAs-in-an-empty-void attraction.

Space is a massively overpriced restaurant with a cool entrance, mediocre screen gimmick, spotty service, all attached to one of the very worst rides Disney ever built.

I like Rat quite a lot and would welcome a lot more similar rides - but as mentioned above, Disney is promoting it as an E-ticket ride and it isn't.

Harm is pretty widely reviled as a massive, soulless downgrade from its predecessor.

I can't say EPCOT is going in a good direction because I see no evidence that it HAS a direction. What is its direction?

Casper Gutman

I guess you missed this. Put it on your calendar.
You mean AFTER you brought up the term in response to a very innocuous post? Where he responds to your introduction of that term by opining that if a hypothetical person argued that Rat was objectively better then Transformers, and didn't just PREFER Rat, they'd be a pixie-duster? Well, that isn't directed at anyone specific on these boards. And he allowed for preference. But most of all, you don't get to cite responses to your false claims of victimhood as evidence that those claims were correct.

Tell you what, if anyone claims Fallon is OBJECTIVELY better than ToT, you can feel free to call them a Kong-Sniffer, or whatever you like.

Bocabear

I can't say EPCOT is going in a good direction because I see no evidence that it HAS a direction. What is its direction?
Amen brother! That is my biggest complaint over the new plan...there doesn't seem to be a real plan except tear down buildings we are too lazy to program properly and input IP in ways that make no sense to their location and could have been a plus in the correct park...
People hated the Project Gemini plan and while parts of it were problematic, it at least had a vision that would have increased attractions and created a complete finished Future World instead of this half-torn down mess with no real timeline to fix it.

Vinnie Mac

Wait... the only parts of that list that are particularly widely praised are the new entrance and the lights - and the former is literally just removing mistakes WDW had left in place for decades.

Frozen Ever After squandered Disney's biggest animated IP by value-engineering it into a pre-existing ride. And that previous ride was more completely realized then the current cool-AAs-in-an-empty-void attraction.

Space is a massively overpriced restaurant with a cool entrance, mediocre screen gimmick, spotty service, all attached to one of the very worst rides Disney ever built.

I like Rat quite a lot and would welcome a lot more similar rides - but as mentioned above, Disney is promoting it as an E-ticket ride and it isn't.

Harm is pretty widely reviled as a massive, soulless downgrade from its predecessor.

Difference between my post and your post is that what I said was based upon my opinion and the opinion of most of those who've experienced it.

Your post is based off of your opinion and whatever agenda you got going on. But hey no worries, I'll be in EPCOT tomorrow and I will enjoy myself regardless of IP inclusion, gotta stop me before I have too much fun! 🤷🏾😂

DisneyDodo

It's a cute D-Ticket.

Disney is charging for it like an E-Ticket.

Disney set the terms. And on their terms its a failure.
Which rides are used for ILL is a function not of scale or quality, but demand and capacity. It’s hard to know exactly what the demand is for Rat since there’s no standby line, but it’s safe to assume that it’s “high” given that that’s a rule for new rides.

When TSL opened, A.S.S. was placed in the FP+ tier 1, not because it’s an E-ticket, but because it couldn’t handle the demand it was generating.

I don’t fault guests for their preferences, but it’s ultimately guests who determine which rides have their capacities rationed more so than it is TWDC.

Bocabear

Difference between my post and your post is that what I said was based upon my opinion and the opinion of most of those who've experienced it.

Your post is based off of your opinion and whatever agenda you got going on. But hey no worries, I'll be in EPCOT tomorrow and I will enjoy myself regardless of IP inclusion, gotta stop me before I have too much fun! 🤷🏾😂
good for you. enjoy.

Vinnie Mac

Amen brother! That is my biggest complaint over the new plan...there doesn't seem to be a real plan except tear down buildings we are too lazy to program properly and input IP in ways that make no sense to their location and could have been a plus in the correct park...
People hated the Project Gemini plan and while parts of it were problematic, it at least had a vision that would have increased attractions and created a complete finished Future World instead of this half-torn down mess with no real timeline to fix it.
Instead of dedicating your life to living in the past and hating the future, maybe dedicate the rest of your life to developing some type of time travel so you can live back in the 80's and never have to worry about a better version of EPCOT ever again? Sounds like a win win situation, right?

Bocabear

Instead of dedicating your life to living in the past and hating the future, maybe dedicate the rest of your life to developing some type of time travel so you can live back in the 80's and never have to worry about a better version of EPCOT ever again? Sounds like a win win situation, right?
Or you can just stay off discussion boards and go enjoy your wonderful day at EPCOT.
We get it, you like it... Go enjoy.

Casper Gutman

You’re free to like what you like, of course. But your assessment of general opinion seems flawed at best. The reaction to Harm among WDW fans, in particular, seems decidedly negative. And my view of Space is gleaned from discussions in that thread.

We’ve both got “agendas” here, and that’s fine. Everyone on this board does.

Enjoy your trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom