Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

J4546

Journey of Water should have puddle-hopped over to Adventureland. Shame it ended up in EPCOT.
i dont know, a walk through learning exhibit about the journey of water fits into epcot and its in front of the water and land pavilions, so I think its alright. Will have to wait and see what it looks like though, hopefully it has a lot of cool water features and interactive stuff.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
i dont know, a walk through learning exhibit about the journey of water fits into epcot and its in front of the water and land pavilions, so I think its alright. Will have to wait and see what it looks like though, hopefully it has a lot of cool water features and interactive stuff.
That's a fair justification if it truly is a learning exhibit. Only time will tell. Moana better know her Water Cycle facts.
They'll be a quiz at the end.

pdude81

I was as skeptical as anyone about the additions they made to DL’s version. When I saw it in person, it wasn’t that bad. I would envision a Chapek-era “reimagining” of IASW to be much worse, far heavier-handed.
Not that bad sums it up nicely. They barely screwed up that attraction :)

doctornick

I, personally, wouldn't put IaSW2 on Showcase Plaza. I'd have it replace Imagination and/or Seeing Eye Theater.

id personally put IASW in the space where World Showplace is and try to have an entrance to the ride from behind the UK pavilion. That way the ride would be kind of a welcome for people entering Epcot from the WS entrance. Don’t know if that feasible

doctornick

Exactly this. I can understand someone saying Moana as an IP fits better in Adventureland than Epcot. But the concept of JoW seems quite on point for Epcot’s FW/World Nature and the location chosen and better than any other location option. I still don’t get the pushback on here about it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Exactly this. I can understand someone saying Moana as an IP fits better in Adventureland than Epcot. But the concept of JoW seems quite on point for Epcot’s FW/Workd Nature and the location chosen and better than any other location option. I still don’t get the pushback on here about it. 🤷‍♂️
As far as I've seen, I think for many it has more to do with what it replaced than anything actually being wrong with it. I'm actually quite interested in JoW.

UNCgolf

Exactly this. I can understand someone saying Moana as an IP fits better in Adventureland than Epcot. But the concept of JoW seems quite on point for Epcot’s FW/Workd Nature and the location chosen and better than any other location option. I still don’t get the pushback on here about it. 🤷‍♂️

I think there's a lack of belief that it will actually be educational and will instead just be a nicely landscaped area with water features and Moana slapped on top. However, I think the bigger issue for people is that they knocked down Communicore for it.

We really know absolutely nothing about it beyond some vague concept art -- I think if Disney released more info about what exactly it's going to be, people wouldn't be able to speculate so much (negatively or positively).

Last edited:

CJR

As far as I've seen, I think for many it has more to do with what it replaced than anything actually being wrong with it. I'm actually quite interested in JoW.

I think you're spot on.

The same can be said for a lot of Epcot's (and some of DHS'... GMR specifically) attractions. Nostalgia definitely plays a big role around here. For good reason, but still.

JoW is hardly the biggest issue in Epcot's makeover. Far from it, IMHO.

rle4lunch

I was as skeptical as anyone about the additions they made to DL’s version. When I saw it in person, it wasn’t that bad. I would envision a Chapek-era “reimagining” of IASW to be much worse, far heavier-handed.

DLs is really subtle, but definitely felt in every region some way or another. If MK copied it I wouldn't mind. There's a few severely lacking DL-> MK clones that feel like they were value engineered (even with the blessing of size) that could be enhanced in Florida.

Bocabear

I think you're spot on.

The same can be said for a lot of Epcot's (and some of DHS'... GMR specifically) attractions. Nostalgia definitely plays a big role around here. For good reason, but still.

JoW is hardly the biggest issue in Epcot's makeover. Far from it, IMHO.
Hardly the biggest issue but still a head scratcher...Can you shoehorn the idea into the park? Yes, but should you shoehorn the idea into the park when there are clearly other places it would thematically fit much better...

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
DLs is really subtle, but definitely felt in every region some way or another. If MK copied it I wouldn't mind. There's a few severely lacking DL-> MK clones that feel like they were value engineered (even with the blessing of size) that could be enhanced in Florida.
I believe there was something added to each scene, but yes, it was very subtle. One of those small things that could be tastefully added, instead of the usual Iger/Chapek era “A-jackhammer-solves-all-problems” approach. But then again, they don’t care about stupid entertainment for stupid people, and thus have no concept of “subtle”.

CJR

Hardly the biggest issue but sill a head scratcher...Can you shoehorn the idea into the park? Yes, but should you shoehorn the idea into the park when there are clearly other places it would thematically fit much better...

Are you talking about Moana as an IP for the attraction or the actual attraction that educates people about the water cycle?

I think the latter is an OK fit for Epcot - regardless of its placement. Moana as an IP, to me, is insignificant if the priority of the attraction is education. Nothing will be going into Epcot without an IP involved at this point, I believe.

Technically, Moana could still find herself in Adventureland - since just because Moana will be affiliated with this area doesn't mean she couldn't also get something elsewhere (I mean Frozen has a ride in Epcot and a show just a boat ride away at DHS).

aladdin2007

There’s a good spot where whatever this Journey of Water thing ends up being could fit well - Right between The Land and The Seas. And no, that’s not the spot where it’s currently going.
That is the only original expansion pad left for future world really, it would have been horrible to waste it on this but your right it would have maybe fit better there. They haven't done anything very wise with this park so whats any of it matter anymore I guess. :banghead: They created more problems for themselves and blown more money than what was necessary, uggg oh well damage done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom