Journey Into Narnia CLOSING September 10th

Bolt

Original Poster
It has been announced today that Journey Into Narnia at DHS is closing September 10th!

Rumors circulating, stemming mostly from overstating imagineers, is that a Pirate's themed walk through or meet and greet. No ride can go in this space due to size. The queue can also only withstand a few hundred people and is outside.

boufa

I doubt they would ever do this, but as strange as it sounds, I would like to see the monsters inc coaster in this space (just kidding!) Really, I think something that they could keep current with their movies. Maybe they could have done pirates for a little while, then, they could have done tron for a little while, maybe national treasure when it came out (or comes again!) basically a coming attractions space. I know it would be blatant advertising, but at least it would remain fresh. The only thing worst that outright self promotion is out of date self promotion... or even empty space that used to be self promotion.

Hey Disney, I'll give you this space, try to sell me on whatever you want that is coming soon. Or even better make it a teaser space where you can go in for a few minutes and see teaser trailers, or even exclusives of movies that are in development.

erasure fan1

Oh well, Id say it was long overdue anyway. Not that I dont like Narnia, because I do, its just since Disney is no longer doing the movies its no longer relevant. The Pirate idea I can live with. A place to meet Jack and friends would be pretty cool. Of course Id rather it be by the POTC ride but so be it.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Given how small the space is, I think a sort of rotating walkthrough with props from their latest film is a great idea. Of course it would be an extended advertisement for the film, but I wouldn't mind.

With the Pirates 4 DVD/Blu-ray release scheduled for mid-October, switching it over to a Pirates exhibit would make sense.

imagineer boy

Yes finally!!!!

They could basiclly use that space for promoting any new recent movie release. I wonder why they havn't done that. Lots of Disney's movies could've used that promotion.

WDWGoof07

Narnia leaving...good

Pirates walk-through...concept isn't too exciting, but I like the movies and it probably would be nice for what it is.

I wonder if they could do something fun in this space if they moved OMD and took out Narnia and VOTLM.

Xethos

Yes finally!!!!

They could basiclly use that space for promoting any new recent movie release. I wonder why they havn't done that. Lots of Disney's movies could've used that promotion.

thats what i always thought, Just use that space as an advertisement for whatever movies are out currently

talonstruck

we did it when we were there recently (8/17) had our own private viewing:veryconfu. Didnt this use to house Who Wants to Be a millionare? I really liked who wants to be a Millionare. I thought there was going to be more to the narnia thing and when it was over i was like really... is that it? Heck the old Millionare walk thru for the Bett Midler film was better, so was 101 Dalamtion walk thru.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
we did it when we were there recently (8/17) had our own private viewing:veryconfu. Didnt this use to house Who Wants to Be a millionare? I really liked who wants to be a Millionare. I thought there was going to be more to the narnia thing and when it was over i was like really... is that it? Heck the old Millionare walk thru for the Bett Midler film was better, so was 101 Dalamtion walk thru.

No, Toy Story Mania used to house Millionaire

KevinYee

That space is too small to do an amazing attraction, but it could do something small. Maybe something historical, which would fit thematically since One Man's Dream is right around the corner.

What I'd love to see is a permanant WDW-parks museum. Not in the same way that One Man's Dream shows models; I'm thinking more of a graveyard/boneyard of former WDW props (they have a few already in the Backlot Tour prop warehouse). But imagine an entire big roomful! They could multi-purpose the space, even. Why not make this an East Coast version of Trader Sam's--a bar that, on this coast, will celebrate old park relics rather than tiki culture. I'm dreaming, I know--this will never happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom