Journey Into Imagination Question

wickedfan07

Original Poster
i have a quick question about the original Journey Into Imagination. I hope this thread gets noticed here. Questions:

1) Did the ImageWorks take up the entire upstairs, and was part of it downstaris as well?
2)Did the ride stay on one level, or did the ride get upstairs as well? (Did the ride unload upstairs or downstairs?)

I'm just beint curious after watching part of Martin's tribute video for the original, and the "tribute" to the second version. Answers appreciated. Thanks! :wave:

jedimaster1227

i have a quick question about the original Journey Into Imagination. I hope this thread gets noticed here. Questions:

1) Did the ImageWorks take up the entire upstairs, and was part of it downstaris as well?
2)Did the ride stay on one level, or did the ride get upstairs as well? (Did the ride unload upstairs or downstairs?)

I'm just beint curious after watching part of Martin's tribute video for the original, and the "tribute" to the second version. Answers appreciated. Thanks! :wave:

1. The Imageworks was completely upstairs. The exhibits were covered in the darker area to the left of the staircase/elevator while the open air pyramid view was purely there for space and artistic touch.
2. The ride (while elevating here or there) did remain on one floor.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Notably, for a long time the stairs and surrounding open area were an art gallery of photography. I vageuly recall it having to do with Kodak sponsorsing some sort of contest for the best image.

I remember seeing photos of a fetus developing in a womb there, mixed with photos of ordinary things and landscapes and people and places and stuff like other micro-photography and such. It was a really interesting gallery. I remember people actually stopping and exploring it, like each of the larger photos having a few folks looking at them - like you'd see at a real popular art gallery.

I always wondered why that part/aspect of the pavilion was removed.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, did some research.. I can't find any images of the gallery, atleast not so ar, but it did exist, for certain.

Some refer to it as the Kodak Epcot Gallery, Kodak Epcot Exhibition, etc.. but having your photo there is awarded, and listed with high regard on many photography resumes.

It seems to be linked to KINSA (Kodak International Newspaper Snapshot Awards) which was a contest for amatuer photographers. I can't find any recent information about it, suggesting it has ended, but it ran for 56 years creating numerous galleries/collections, with the winners ending up in a book, Kodak's Look at Life, one for each year.

So.. it was once much ore then it currently is..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Earliest reference to award winners being displayed in Epcot that I could find was 1984 - so it was there from pretty much the time the park opened.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ll help, Merf:

The upper foyer was often used as an exhibition space, with display boards all around the inner walls. After `99, when it was closed, as well as seminar and private function space, it was used for exhibitions still - though not for general public. I`ve lots of footage from the late 80`s and early 90`s with various displays in the space.

TheDisneyMagic

Take the unDiscovered Future World tour and they take you upstairs

They will take you upstairs, remember though a large section of upstairs (where rainbow tunnel etc is) is now completely construction walled off. You can see walkaround in the glass pyramid section and where the pin tables are but no where else.

Mr.EPCOT

They will take you upstairs, remember though a large section of upstairs (where rainbow tunnel etc is) is now completely construction walled off. You can see walkaround in the glass pyramid section and where the pin tables are but no where else.

I believe the construction walls were just to block off an area to test the Waste Management games for Innoventions. I'm guessing they're down now. Even when they were up, you could wander through there.

Unless these are totally new construction walls, added over the past month or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom