Josh D'Amaro to speak on The Art & Science of Disney Parks Storytelling at SXSW

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The date has not yet been announced for his session.

Here's the description of his session on the SXSW website -

Creating Happiness: The Art & Science of Disney Parks Storytelling

For nearly 70 years, Disney Parks has created happiness for millions through experiences that bring Disney’s beloved stories to life. Across its theme parks, hotels, cruises and adventures, Disney Parks has curated magical places around the world where a simple moment can become a treasured lifelong memory.

The ‘Art & Science’ of storytelling is the secret to how Disney amazes its Guests and delivers memorable experiences.  In this session, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro will share how Disney’s storytelling techniques will build on its legacy of creativity and innovation for a world that can always use just a little more happiness.

EPCOT-O.G.

I'm not sure anyone at Disney right now is qualified to talk about "the art and science of storytelling". They're all terrible at it.
One of the worst movements in recent years is convincing a broad cross-section of professions and industries that they’re really storytellers.

No you’re not, Jan. I’m stuck in the grocery store and just need to check to make sure I have all the ingredients for this recipe. I don’t need to know the formative times in your life that a heaping dish of lasagna affected you.

No Name

I'm surprised they have Josh doing this rather than someone from Imagineering.
My thought too. This is a guy with a BA degree who has worked with the business side of the corp for a long time and he will be telling stories about storytelling?
Sounds more like a sales promo
For SXSW 2020, Bob Chapek was all set to lead a session titled “Technology + Storytelling = Magic”. That potential disaster was avoided when the event was cancelled due to Covid. But it seems that Disney likes to have their head of parks speak at it and Josh is pretty good at public speaking.

JoeCamel

For SXSW 2020, Bob Chapek was all set to lead a session titled “Technology + Storytelling = Magic”. That potential disaster was avoided when the event was cancelled due to Covid. But it seems that Disney likes to have their head of parks speak at it and Josh is pretty good at public speaking.
It is an attempt to appear "hip" and "with it"

NotCalledBob

He seems a lot more careful about how he is presenting himself right now. He disappeared from social media about 2 weeks before Chapek was ousted and hasn't been back.

Iger still posts, as does everyone below Josh (Jeff, Ken, Natacha R, Michael M).

I wonder if he has taken the decision himself to step back from social media, or he has been told to.

He can waffle well. They'll get away with SXSW.

Lilofan

He seems a lot more careful about how he is presenting himself right now. He disappeared from social media about 2 weeks before Chapek was ousted and hasn't been back.

Iger still posts, as does everyone below Josh (Jeff, Ken, Natacha R, Michael M).

I wonder if he has taken the decision himself to step back from social media, or he has been told to.

He can waffle well. They'll get away with SXSW.
Its all scripted. The PR machine will coach the exec what and how to say it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom