Jose's SSE GEMENI TRIP REPORT

Jose Eber

Original Poster
I can't wait to see the video too -- youtube is giving me a hassle.

More pics:

movieclipping21gu6.jpg

movieclipping22rq9.jpg

movieclipping23yp2.jpg

movieclipping24ky1.jpg

movieclipping25rk3.jpg

movieclipping26zy4.jpg

movieclipping27it9.jpg

movieclipping28sv3.jpg

movieclipping29qy7.jpg

movieclipping30um6.jpg

Pabgo

It's looking pretty good. But I'm not sure if I like the whole going down part having you completely directed to the video screens.

Expo_Seeker40

Computer"Do you take vitamins"

Me "No not regularly"

Computer "Oh...well that's too bad"

*screen shows meteor smashing into your omnimover and blowing it apart*

Computer "Siemens thanks you for traveling aboard spaceship earth....but your future doesn't look too bright...perhaps you should buy Siemens products and take your vitamins?"

*screen shuts off*

*rest of ride is spent just staring at other people watching their videos because they take their vitamins* :lookaroun

LMAO j/k Jose :ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Computer"Do you take vitamins"

Me "No not regularly"

Computer "Oh...well that's too bad"

*screen shows meteor smashing into your omnimover and blowing it apart*

Computer "Siemens thanks you for traveling aboard spaceship earth....but your future doesn't look too bright...perhaps you should buy Siemens products and take your vitamins?"

*screen shuts off*

*rest of ride is spent just staring at other people watching their videos because they take their vitamins* :lookaroun

LMAO j/k Jose :ROFLOL:

Hehehe...Perhaps SSE is too interactive.

Captain Hank

Thanks for the pictures! The scenes look very well-lit, and the new costumes look great. I also really like how the landscaping works with the wall "swooshes" to draw you in to the building.

On a mostly unrelated note, does this shot remind anyone just a bit of the Swan computer room from Lost? (I may just have Lost-on-the-brain) I wonder if any of the old computers from the Astuter Computer Revue found a new home here.

Expo_Seeker40

oh EPCOT Explorer...let me better describe the computer room...

ok the brand new 60s living room seems like it uses the dimensions of the original 60s living room.

Our vehicles curve along the track. Now at the curve was where the boy's home was. When our vehicles straightened out...then there was the boy using the videophone. This is just about where the stairs are and the guy in the lab coat. Further along was the girl and her house. Her house and the neon globe we used to travel through is now the scene with the man working in his garage.

The boy and girl using the videophone scene actually did not use the ride's full showroom space.

The original four scenes from 1982-1994....boy using computer at home...woman using computer at home...and network operations center were all on the same side the boy and girl using the videophone were on. On the other side was a woman at a computer control network.

In 1994 the whole right side of the track was covered and not used....and the left side had a false wall and lowered ceiling.

Finally the imagineers have used this entire space again! :sohappy:

Expo_Seeker40

ok....retro animation...fine

screens....ok....and the things remind me of the old pegboard walls from the first two versions of SSE....

however either they need to put the animation on the walls...or let the animation stay in the vehicle...and then have fiber optic stars and lighting around us like they did with the jeremy irons version.

If it is just gonna be a few little white blinking "star lights"...and everything else dark...and just the animation on the omnimover screen...then.....:lookaroun

MuRkErY

Red X's for me :(

EDIT: Working now, just about to watch.

BTW, does anybody know who did the traditional animation?

Did they get WDFA to do it?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Give it a sec. Once youtube has the video -- it takes a second to process it. I tried it about a minute ago -- its up now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom