News José and Panchito will join Discovery Island Carnivale at Disney's Animal Kingdom

mm52200

Good job Animal Kingdom Entertainment Department.

Tell me when you bring back Meeko, Terk, Jiminy Cricket and Joooohhhhhnnnnn Smith.
I think DAK does the best they can with budgets and all things considered. They’re also the best Park about sending out surprise pop up characters. It’s not uncommon to see Meeko, Terk, Ratcliffe, Thumper, Miss Bunny, doing surprise sets.

Sketch105

Big attraction decisions and small entertainment adjustments like this really have nothing to do with one another, coincidental sure, but most likely not the reasoning behind this at all.

Maybe not for this, but often you see an influx of street shows and entertainment at parks with mass construction to mask the fact that a lot of stuff isn't available...I'm looking at you DHS with your Star Wars stage shows and marches.

I am excited for this. I love Jose and Panchito and hoping there's a way to grab pictures with them, even if its a run by selfie. They are RARE!

mm52200

Maybe not for this, but often you see an influx of street shows and entertainment at parks with mass construction to mask the fact that a lot of stuff isn't available...I'm looking at you DHS with your Star Wars stage shows and marches.

I am excited for this. I love Jose and Panchito and hoping there's a way to grab pictures with them, even if its a run by selfie. They are RARE!
Right that’s a perfect example with Studios which happens, but an attraction possibly closing in Epcot and two characters being added to a show at DAK aren’t really connected decisions.

Sketch105

Right that’s a perfect example with Studios which happens, but an attraction possibly closing in Epcot and two characters being added to a show at DAK aren’t really connected decisions.

OOH! I didn't realize that was the connection we were making.

I think they chose Jose and Panchito because they don't normally make appearances at any other park, they're animals so they fit with the theme, and they might have a lot of "friends" who are their height and are available to party with them weekly.

mm52200

The way the Disney Parks block explains it confuses me - is the show ending in May or is the appearance of Jose and Pachito ending? I can't see why they'd be removing the show...
Internally it’s being referred to as a playtest...guest satisfaction scores are low for the show and if the addition of the characters don’t help any with that then the show will most likely close.

cjkeating

Internally it’s being referred to as a playtest...guest satisfaction scores are low for the show and if the addition of the characters don’t help any with that then the show will most likely close.

That's disappointing as the show brings great atmosphere to Discovery Island.

Do you know how the other entertainment acts that were brought in for the evening hours score?

Cmdr_Crimson

FYI Jose and Panchito have quietly left the carnivale and the two dancers they replaced didn’t return to the show either.

Four Months.......Geeze...
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom