John Lasseter to leave Disney and Pixar at the end of the year

eliza61nyc

Thanks Rashida Jones. You half a$$ed a script, humiliated a well-loved man, and bounced. Classy.
wait wasn't he accused of being a real D%ck ?? He acknowledge that he crossed the line a number of times, evidently got power hungry, abused said power and had to take a leave of absence? Exactly why is this Rashida Jones fault?

Last edited:

brb1006

One post by The Disney film facts guy on twitter said his Pixar animation contacts said that Pixar is in chaos right now. And that TS4 is in really bad shape. But that WDAS was coping fine.

champdisney

wait wasn't he accused of being a real D%ck ?? He acknowledge that he crossed the line a number of times, evidently got power hungry, abused said power and had to take a leave of absence? Exactly why is this Rashida Jones fault?
He acknowledged crossing the line by being too friendly with colleagues. Nothing more. Everything else is just hearsay by insignificant individuals such as Rashida Jones, who twisted the story to their liking in order to fit within their “I’m the victim” narrative.

eliza61nyc

He acknowledged crossing the line by being too friendly with colleagues. Nothing more. Everything else is just hearsay by insignificant individuals such as Rashida Jones, who twisted the story to their liking in order to fit within their “I’m the victim” narrative.

lol, sort of what Harvey Weinstein said. Sorry way too many "narratives" about mini-kim's behavior. Rashida Jones is a writer/actress, John Lassseter was the Bob Iger of Pixar and you're saying that he was taken down by a insignificant actress?

She may have complained first but from what I've researched she was not the only one nor the worst.

LOL people who are "too friendly" are annoying, John Lasseter was waay more than"annoying" Too friendly is your boss, always in your business NOT his hands on your body. LOL guess Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose were "too friendly" also.

He like Harvey Weinstein and the various other morons (kevin spacey, Roger Ailes) got their comeuppance.

Last edited:

champdisney

lol, sort of what Harvey Weinstein said. Sorry way too many "narratives" about mini-kim's behavior. Rashida Jones is a writer/actress, John Lassseter was the Bob Iger of Pixar and you're saying that he was taken down by a insignificant actress?

She may have complained first but from what I've researched she was not the only one nor the worst.

LOL people who are "too friendly" are annoying, John Lasseter was waay more than"annoying" Too friendly is your boss, always in your business NOT his hands on your body. LOL guess Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose were "too friendly" also.

He like Harvey Weinstein and the various other morons (kevin spacey, Roger Ailes) got their comeuppance.
And yet no one bothers to bring up her father, who has had his share of allegations throughout the years but I digress. Think what you want. :)

eliza61nyc

And yet no one bothers to bring up her father, who has had his share of allegations throughout the years but I digress. Think what you want. :)

Oh absolutely. But her father being a scummy person does not entitle him to be.

You are correct also in that I get to form my own views but more importantly as a stockholder I get to voice my opinion on who brings value to the company I have a vested interest in. I totally agree with the direction to force him out, no matter how "brilliant " one is , if your actions become detrimental to the company its time to cut you loose. Rosanne and her big mouth learned that recently.

Same goes for Quincy Jones who's hasnt been relevant in decades

Truthfully I simply believe that people are tired of folks in power acting like park apes and they aren't scared to call them in their BS

Last edited:

champdisney

Oh absolutely. But her father being a scummy person does not entitle him to be.

You are correct also in that I get to form my own views but more importantly as a stockholder I get to voice my opinion on who brings value to the company I have a vested interest in. I totally agree with the direction to force him out, no matter how "brilliant " one is , if your actions become detrimental to the company its time to cut you loose. Rosanne and her big mouth learned that recently.

Same goes for Quincy Jones who's hasnt been relevant in decades

Truthfully I simply believe that people are tired of folks in power acting like park apes and they aren't scared to call them in their BS
The thing is, I don’t understand why these men go years upon years doing these godforsaken deeds. It takes one, just one victim to speak out. By doing so, it will garner the courage of other victims to emerge and speak their peace. All while validating the original source, who was the first outspoken victim to put the man in his place. Let’s not waste years and potentially put more people at risk, say what’s wrong. Expose the truth. Just a thought.

eliza61nyc

The thing is, I don’t understand why these men go years upon years doing these godforsaken deeds. It takes one, just one victim to speak out. By doing so, it will garner the courage of other victims to emerge and speak their peace. All while validating the original source, who was the first outspoken victim to put the man in his place. Let’s not waste years and potentially put more people at risk, say what’s wrong. Expose the truth. Just a thought.
Im thankfully never been put in that position but I do have two friends who were.
I think one problem is many feel that even if they say something no one will believe them. So I work for a large company that got busted for a coverup concerning faulty products. Turns out that a number of folks did come forward at the time but the company swept in under the rug.

What baffles me about lassiter was that evidently at the beginning he was a decent guy unlike Steve Jobs who many say was a you know what since day 1. Why does power and success turn some folks into major morons.

champdisney

...turns out...it’s a public opinion forum.

...guess they’ll have to find someone else to write the script for A Bugs Life Two, huh?
Yeah, well, I don’t think much people want to see that ‘cartoon’. So I ask again, why are you here?

Granted, it is a public forum but it is a public forum dedicated to Walt Disney World. A product created by the Walt Disney Company in which originally made it’s mark by making ‘cartoons’.

I think it will be best for you to refine you’re trolling skills. Good day.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Want to know why...find a mirror.

Thanks Rashida Jones. You half a$$ed a script, humiliated a well-loved man, and bounced. Classy.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, well, I don’t think much people want to see that ‘cartoon’. So I ask again, why are you here?

Granted, it is a public forum but it is a public forum dedicated to Walt Disney World. A product created by the Walt Disney Company in which originally made it’s mark by making ‘cartoons’.

I think it will be best for you to refine you’re trolling skills. Good day.

Whining about Pixar in defense of lasseter comes off as horrible here...so you might want to re-evaluate.

And are you saying you’re a “bigger fan/supporter” of Disney?
...I’ve heard that countless times from individuals over the years - they’ve all been wrong too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I did not say that nor did I imply that I am a bigger fan or supporter of Disney. Get out of you’re feelings my man.

Feelings?!? That never comes into play, silly boy...you asked why I was here?

Because I’m a fan...but more of a “nouveau” type that can be a fan without defending Disney’s mistakes - or in this case unfortunate circumstances requiring response - and licking boots.

It was never acceptable to play grabarse at Work...and just because people lived in a world to tolerate it...doesn’t mean lasseter gets a pass or you go at the complainers Dad...

It was a bad look. Now can we move on? Lasseter gone. To be honest...once he started doing moslty sequels at Pixar he was corporate compromised anyway

Last edited:

champdisney

Feelings?!? That never comes into play, silly boy...you asked why I was hear?

Because I’m a fan...but more of a “nouveau” type that can be a fan without defending Disney’s mistakes - or in this case unfortunate circumstances requiring response - and licking boots.

It was never acceptable to play grabarse at Work...and just because people lived in a world to tolerate it...doesn’t mean lasseter gets a pass or you go at the complainers Dad...

It was a bad look. Now can we move on? Lasseter gone. To be honest...once he started doing moslty sequels at Pixar he was corporate compromised anyway
By all means, I don’t defend all of Disney’s mistakes either. I admit, I have a soft spot for John Lasseter. I’ve seen countless videos of him hugging his colleagues (male and female) and thought that was just the norm for the people closest to Lasseter. Rashida Jones for the most part was new to Pixar, I’m sure she felt uncomfortable but to immediately tell the world about it and then backtrack on some of her statements, left a bad taste in my mouth. Now, I’m not denying that he didn’t do these things. None of us know what really happened but I wouldn’t put him on the same level as a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby either. And that’s what I meant by that @Master Yoda.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
By all means, I don’t defend all of Disney’s mistakes either. I admit, I have a soft spot for John Lasseter. I’ve seen countless videos of him hugging his colleagues (male and female) and thought that was just the norm for the people closest to Lasseter. Rashida Jones for the most part was new to Pixar, I’m sure she felt uncomfortable but to immediately tell the world about it and then backtrack on some of her statements, left a bad taste in my mouth. Now, I’m not denying that he didn’t do these things. None of us know what really happened but I wouldn’t put him on the same level as a Harvey Weinstein or Bill Cosby either. And that’s what I meant by that @Master Yoda.
Regardless of what you "meant", what you did is exactly why more people do not come forward in cases like this. Anytime someone high profile is accused of an impropriety such as this, the default position for the loudest segment is victim blaming.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom