Joe Rhode in Animal Kingdom now...

Mrs. Jobson

Was he dressed to Disney standards?
He never dressed to Disney's standards. He was a very nice person though. You could tell that he loved his job. He always took the time to talk to us Cast Members and always asked our inputs. He actually rode Everest several times with us. My friend and I sat right behind him on the ride and kept joking about being able to see thru his ear lobe. lol All of the Imagineers were really nice to us. When we were testing before opening, they would often buy us dinner and have us over at their trailer. We had some good times and got to see the ins and outs of their job. They really wanted to know what we thought of the attraction.

Sloan

Original Poster
OK - I'm back from my great trip - I had no idea that this quick post would get so much of a response. First, sorry for misspelling his name - I was dictating to my mobile device in the park right after having seen him - I did not catch the error.

Yes, he was wearing the giant earring bundle - and had on an "Indiana Jones" style leather jacket (and hat to match) - I did not bring my camera in to my office to download the photos, and hence don't have the photo here, but I will add it sometime this week as I get caught up. At about the time I took the photo, he was pointing something out to the other Imagineer types he was with - pointing almost due-west while standing on the bridge to Harambe. (This is speculation, but it seemed like he might be evaluating the sight-lines from that bridge over to what is now the Camp Minnie-Mickey area).

I sat next to another Imagineer at the Cooking Place in Jiko that same night, who said he'd been with Joe earlier that day, but I did not learn anything more about what was going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom