News Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar teased for Disneyland Forward plan - OC Register

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
"Disneyland has dangled six possible theme park projects to provide a “flavor” of what future expansion could look like over the next couple decades under the DisneylandForward proposal.

[...]

Disney has not announced any new attractions, lands or restaurants as part of DisneylandForward. Concept art included in DisneylandForward presentations are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to represent any specific projects in the works.

Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar was floated as a possible project at the proposed Disney Entertainment Destination expansion during the DisneylandForward webinar.

The Disney Entertainment Destination expansion would bring together theme park experiences, hotels, retail, dining and entertainment on the Toy Story parking lot next to the Anaheim Convention Center."

I still wonder if there's demand for a second Downtown Disney in Anaheim especially something so far away from the park. Though I guess the new "on-property" hotels on that spot should help things.

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

"Disneyland has dangled six possible theme park projects to provide a “flavor” of what future expansion could look like over the next couple decades under the DisneylandForward proposal.

[...]

Disney has not announced any new attractions, lands or restaurants as part of DisneylandForward. Concept art included in DisneylandForward presentations are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to represent any specific projects in the works.

Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar was floated as a possible project at the proposed Disney Entertainment Destination expansion during the DisneylandForward webinar.

The Disney Entertainment Destination expansion would bring together theme park experiences, hotels, retail, dining and entertainment on the Toy Story parking lot next to the Anaheim Convention Center."

I still wonder if there's demand for a second Downtown Disney in Anaheim especially something so far away from the park. Though I guess the new "on-property" hotels on that spot should help things.
The vibe I get is that this would become the new and only Downtown Disney, separate from the parks ala Disney Springs. I think the current Downtown Disney would largely be absorbed by more theme park. The only spaces I could see staying are what is closest/attached to the Grand Californian.

CaptinEO

"A new Magic Kingdom Universe modeled after the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the interconnected “Star Wars” stories on Disney+ will stitch together characters from Disney theme parks and classic animated films with an expanding series of shows on the streaming service"

🙄

Stevek

[...]

Just take the Rainforest Cafe and turn the whole thing into an Indy themed restaurant. Make the old gift shop an Indy themed bar.

Disneyhead'71

Since it's Disneyland, I wish they would do a Higher for Hire Hanger Bar.

higherforhire01.jpg

It could be chocked full of Easter eggs from the show.

Wendy Pleakley

Sam's is actually perfect. Tiki bars in general are meant to be smaller and more quaint. They did obviously expand the footprint by with Tangaroa Terrace, just Sam's part II.

Trader Sam's really needs to be bigger to meet demand. It can still be quaint. See Smuggler's Cove in San Fran, three stories with a quaint environment on each floor.

Trader Sam's just needs more rooms.

Stevek

Trader Sam's really needs to be bigger to meet demand. It can still be quaint. See Smuggler's Cove in San Fran, three stories with a quaint environment on each floor.

Trader Sam's just needs more rooms.
So I guess I'll selfishly say I don't want it go get any bigger. I get that it's crowded, I've had plenty of challenges getting a table or seat at the bar over the years, but I also don't want to take away from it's personality. Just a personal preference...I love places like Frankie's, False Idol, The Reef, Stowaway, Tonga Hut, Bamboo Club, Tiki Ti...all smaller.

Wendy Pleakley

So I guess I'll selfishly say I don't want it go get any bigger. I get that it's crowded, I've had plenty of challenges getting a table or seat at the bar over the years, but I also don't want to take away from it's personality. Just a personal preference...I love places like Frankie's, False Idol, The Reef, Stowaway, Tonga Hut, Bamboo Club, Tiki Ti...all smaller.

My vision is just doubling it. A second room, similar to the original right next door type of thing. As opposed to knocking down a wall and changing the atmosphere.

Small, intimate experiences are lovely, but just problematic at busy theme parks where demand greatly exceeds supply.

TP2000

I'm not against corporate chains. I eat and shop at big chains (the quality ones that deserve my business) all the time, and enjoy it.

That said... the idea of yet another "entertainment mall" showing up in OC with Darden Corporation theme restaurants is not exciting. It's not ground breaking. It's not thought provoking. It's not unique. It sends up some warning flags on what TDA actually has planned with their property and the DisneylandForward concept.

SoCal is full of these malls, often done better and more stylishly and more uniquely than Disney has done with Downtown Disney or Disney Springs. I'm thinking... Americana, The Grove, Fashion Island, Irvine Spectrum, Pacific City, etc.

Do we really need another Downtown Disney when they just neutered and almost killed the one they already had?

TP2000

"A new Magic Kingdom Universe modeled after the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the interconnected “Star Wars” stories on Disney+ will stitch together characters from Disney theme parks and classic animated films with an expanding series of shows on the streaming service"

🙄

Oh for Godsake. Are they serious? Are they that bankrupt of new ideas?

This kind of crap seems like the 2020's version of making DCA interesting by labeling stores and restaurants with punny names. Words are free and signage is cheap, so we got Award Weiners, Rushin' River Outfitters, Fly N Buy, Taste Pilots Grill, etc., etc.

Okay, Award Wieners is still kind of funny. But just because it's fun to say wiener out loud.

Otherwise, this kind of retroactive stitching together entirely disconnected attractions and concepts from the past 60 years just seems like a desperate attempt at creating fake buzz for something that never existed. It's just dumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom