JIYI Update to include Figment & Monsters, Inc.??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
The latest word on this project comes from an article in Orlando Weekly. Insiders claim that the current ride may be closed by this Fall to make way for a whole new concept. This time around they want to mix the idea of Figment with the theme of the new Pixar’s “Monsters Inc.” film due in theaters this Holiday season. Figment looks enough like the rest of the Monsters crowd that he can fit in just fine. The story here claims that the Monsters have built up the ride as a giant Power Plant that gets energy from the laughter of children, which is supposed to tie into the story of the film where the Monsters home dimension is powered by the screams of children. Stay tuned as we try to dig up more dirt on this project.

popkid

Originally posted by figmentcrazy
You know, I'm almost afraid to say this, but I don't think they can screw it up any worse... :mad:
<p>

very true... i didn't think jiyi was terrible on it's own, but as a replacement to the dreamfinder it was a disaster...

it still amazes me though, that although figment is no more - epcot's shops are still peddling the dragon...

woofboy111

I wonder how their going to fit it in with the rest of the imagination Building. Will it be part of the imagination Institude like it is now, or will it be set in some other place like the old ride was?

wdwcrazy

Monsters Inc. attracion could really fit well into the Imagination pavillion. Monsters are in people's imaginations, right? I saw previews for it, and it looks like a hit for Disney. A Monsters Inc. attraction would be a great replacement for JIYA.

Chad

<<I wonder how their going to fit it in with the rest of the imagination Building. Will it be part of the imagination Institude like it is now, or will it be set in some other place like the old ride was?>>

I thought up an easy way to tie the two in. It would be part of the institue, and they would still have those screens in the waiting line, only Nigel would say something like, "Here at the imagination institute, our imaginative ideas need imaginitive sources of power, and so, we look at our imagination-ful friends at monsters inc. to help us!" and then, Figment would pop up and explain the procedure of laughing and generating power...I thought it would work..

Smee

Just received a NAPHA newsletter and it is rerporting that JIYI is shutting down this fall for a complete overhall to convert to the monster inc. theme. This will include figment in a prominent role.

I just rode JIYI 2 times and tried very hard to find some good about the ride. Alas there was none. Even during the summer season there were no lines for the ride, most people just walked right past on their way to HISTA.

The ride is a bust, even Disney gets it wrong once in a while.

Goofster

Hey Smee, what's up!
Been out to the Phantom yet? It's awesome!
All that air time, WOW!

Anyway, what does a historical association have to do with JIYI?
It's not a historic ride or anything.

Not that anybody else cares, but smee, do you know what they rated the T-Bolt and SP?
I thought the T-Bolt got like 2nd wooden or something.
Do you know?

Smee

JIYI is a historical mistake.

The NAPHA newsletter reports on all kinds of stuff, historical and current.

Goofster - Thunderbolt always comes up 1 or 2 in the ACE ratings, not sure what the most recent was.

Just rode Phantoms Revenge 3 weeks ago, I like it better than Steel Phantom. Even without the loops it is still a better ride. The only problem was it only had 1 train running, the park said they were working on it and expected to have 2 train operation soon. Lots of air time and the big drop is awesome.

T-bolt just reopened, they had to rebuild more than expected to construct PR.

Heard at K-Wood that Disney people were through not long ago checking out Exterminator (indoor-wild mouse-spinning type coaster for those who haven't been there).Reportedly they are buying 2, didn't hear for where. I'm sure the theme will be different.

Goofster

Originally posted by Smee
JIYI is a historical mistake.

The NAPHA newsletter reports on all kinds of stuff, historical and current.

Goofster - Thunderbolt always comes up 1 or 2 in the ACE ratings, not sure what the most recent was.

Just rode Phantoms Revenge 3 weeks ago, I like it better than Steel Phantom. Even without the loops it is still a better ride. The only problem was it only had 1 train running, the park said they were working on it and expected to have 2 train operation soon. Lots of air time and the big drop is awesome.

T-bolt just reopened, they had to rebuild more than expected to construct PR.

Heard at K-Wood that Disney people were through not long ago checking out Exterminator (indoor-wild mouse-spinning type coaster for those who haven't been there).Reportedly they are buying 2, didn't hear for where. I'm sure the theme will be different.

Yeah, that's the only thing that was bad about the ride, there was only one train

And Wow, our little park being checked out by Disney! I've always thought the Exterminator was very Disney-like.
If this is true, The only place I really think it would fit would be in DCA, possibly as a spruced-up funhouse ride, and maybe you add some monsters inc stuff to make it Disney. The only problem there, is that Disney allready has a wild mouse roller coaster in DCA, so maybe it wouldn't be going there.

Smee, is the Exterminator one of the only of it's kind?

WDWhigh

If this is true, The only place I really think it would fit would be in DCA, possibly as a spruced-up funhouse ride, and maybe you add some monsters inc stuff to make it Disney. The only problem there, is that Disney allready has a wild mouse roller coaster in DCA, so maybe it wouldn't be going there.

there are already are two of these if i'm not mistaken -

Mulholland Madness in DCA which is already built (is it re-opened yet?) and the Primeval Whirl that's suppossed to go into dino-land in AK

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by WDWhigh

there are already are two of these if i'm not mistaken -

Mulholland Madness in DCA which is already built (is it re-opened yet?) and the Primeval Whirl that's suppossed to go into dino-land in AK

I'm pretty sure the ride is still down

Smee

Goofster

The actual coaster part of Exterminator is not unique, it is marketed by one of the major coaster manufacturers. There are not that many out there yet, it is a fairly new ride. The theme is custom, so Disney can do whatever they want from that perspective.

With the right theme, I could see one of these at MK or even more so at AK.

disneydisney

I am going to disagree and say that i like JIYI. If they are going to add this with Monster Inc. and figment they should build on to the building and expand. But I enjoy JIYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom