Jim Hill strikes again; AC leaving PI, finding better home

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
Hey there folks,

According to our best pal, Jim Hill, Pleasure Island is slowly dying. Every single part of it is gonna go with it. So, Adventurer's Club will eventually have to close its doors so that Dragon Diner by Lawry's can open up in its place and compete with TRex and Rainforest Cafe for best audio-animatronic dining/crappy food experience. (i made up that last part.)

Jim Hill claims that, come 2011, Adventurer's Club will be re-opening as the "gateway" to some new theme park experience.

What does that mean? He says he will tell us tomorrow. He is great at starting articles and speculation, but, for some reasons, he never really finishes those articles he sets out to. So, here's to hoping that I will be back tomorrow to tell you all about the details. But, in the mean time, what could this mean?

My guess? Its true. And, I think DHS would be the perfect place for it. Infact, if I were to look into a crystal ball for some answers, I would say the ABC Sound Studio would be a PERFECT place to hold something like the Adventurer's Club. Especially since it is right across the way from Indiana Jones. And right across from another interactive theme park experience (A.I.)

But, how that acts as a gateway is anyones guess. Again, that is just my guess. What do y'all think?

-WelcomeHome OKW

CaptainMichael

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the AC has to stay on the outside of a park, unless they are going to keep said park open until 2 every day. It would be perfect on the outside of an IoA type park as part of a CityWalk type establishment.

*Wishes IoA was a Disney park*

WeLComeHomE OKW

Original Poster
It won't be ABC sound studio that is where the American Idol Attraction is going.

No, the American Idol show is going in the ABC Theater. Those are two different spaces that are close together.

Drew Carey's "Sounds Dangerous!" is in the ABC Sound Studio. Doug Live! and Superstar Television was in the ABC Theater.

Also, I must mention that Drew Carey's contract is nearly over and they are probably desperately looking for something new to take over the space.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Im curious where they may move the Adventurers Club I could see it moving to one of the following locations:

-Adventureland in Magic Kingdom and becoming kinda sorta WDW's equivalent of Disneylands club 33. There are already tie-ins for it in the jungle cruise queue.

-Animal Kingdom

-Hollywood Studios. Connected to an Indiana Jones theme and made to look like your steping into an old adventure film.

Tom Morrow

NOOO!!!!

Please tell me it will move somewhere else on WDW property. It and the Comedy Warehouse are the only redeeming aspects of Pleasure Island. I mean, unless you're a Disney CP who likes getting drunk.
Jim Hill claims that, come 2011, Adventurer's Club will be re-opening as the "gateway" to some new theme park experience.
A giant DVC kiosk?

as long as it's not Closing by July thats fine by me ;P

In any case, yeah it's Jim Hill so a little caution to the wind is needed. Not that the guy hasnt been right ever. I think sometimes his sources take him for a ride or use him as a testing ground to see how people might respond to certain ideas.

I mean, Disneyquest is still alive and well isnt it?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
as long as it's not Closing by July thats fine by me ;P

In any case, yeah it's Jim Hill so a little caution to the wind is needed. Not that the guy hasnt been right ever. I think sometimes his sources take him for a ride or use him as a testing ground to see how people might respond to certain ideas.

I mean, Disneyquest is still alive and well isnt it?

I will second that....well except for the July part...:D
While I may not like his presentation, Jim Hill doesn't fabricate out of thin air...so I'm sure someone, somewhere is at least discussing the idea. Can't imagine having a club inside a part that will charge a $10-20 cover....and...the parks all close relatively early...AC just starts up at 9....too much wasted revenue.

Laura

Premium Member
I really can't ever imagine the A/C moving inside a theme park. It's not family friendly enough. And putting it in the MK would mean no alcohol would be served. Not to mention the huge crowds it would bring if it were inside a park. Part of the "charm" is how small the club is and it would never be able to keep that same feel and be inside a theme park at the same time.

Peterwhite171

Well maybe its moving to the new mini Park Disney are planning to rival Sea Worlds Discovery Cove? Rumors are abound that it would be more of an adventure park with guided tours into jungles, caves and such (all pre-fabricated for sure) but having it with the the Adventures Club being the start of the night, adventure sounds good to me. I could be wrong, but I know I would enjoy it.

Pete

Scar

Hmmmm. Wonder if it could go in Boardwalk somewhere? That would be "inside" WDW but not "inside" a park. Maybe if ESPN Zone makes that long rumored move to DisneyQuest than AC could go in that building?

Vernonpush

Well maybe its moving to the new mini Park Disney are planning to rival Sea Worlds Discovery Cove? Rumors are abound that it would be more of an adventure park with guided tours into jungles, caves and such (all pre-fabricated for sure) but having it with the the Adventures Club being the start of the night, adventure sounds good to me. I could be wrong, but I know I would enjoy it.

Pete
That's what I was thinking.

The MaD Hatter

Yeah, it sounds like he's going to tie this rumor into the recent "Night Kingdom" rumor that said Joe Rhode is supposed to be bringing a nightly adventure to the Animal Kingdom.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Hmmmm. Wonder if it could go in Boardwalk somewhere? That would be "inside" WDW but not "inside" a park. Maybe if ESPN Zone makes that long rumored move to DisneyQuest than AC could go in that building?

That sounds very interesting...never thought of that. Would also serve to "pick up" the interest in the area during the evenings. Don't know how the current clubs make out as I've never been there late evenings. Come to think of it, the other problem with evenings at Boardwalk is transportation. If you aren't staying at a boardwalk hotel, travel is a problem.

bgraham34

It is possible that it could happen. I would be surprised if it stayes at its current location in the next 5 years. The whole area has changed and I thik they would love to incorporate AC elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom