Jiko's at Animal Kingdom

WDFAN1977

I'd like to try this restaurant out when I visit. I am staying at WL, and I hear it can take forever to go between resorts. My question, is this unique dinning experience worth the time? If anyone could, just tell me what the food, and atmosphere is like and is it worth my time? Thanks.

cherrynegra

I can't recommend Jiko's enough. It's truly one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at. Thanks for the review Kevin. And thanks for telling us about the Sunset Tour and dinner Akira. While I was there earlier this month, I saw a table of eight get the special treatment from the chef and was wondering what that was all about. Now I know.

Upvote 0

Sloan

Totally worth the trip

My wife and I ate @ Jiko during our recent stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, after having met the chef at the Party for the Senses during the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. It was one of the most wonderful meals that we've ever had, and I've eaten all over the world, including many places in South Africa and Zimbabwe. The selection of South African wines is the best outside of South Africa. The menu is fantastic. Desserts are amazing. Atmosphere is "so romantic" to quote the wife. In case it's not clear, I'd strongly encourage you to go. I'm hungry just thinking about it ... :slurp:

Upvote 0

hitogoroshi

I have eaten there in March and the food was excellent!! I would take a look at the menu, because the food is very sqecific and maybe not everybody's taste. But if you find something you like, you can eb sure it will be just perfect!!! And the wine selection is excellent!! They're said to have the largest selection of South African wines outside of South Africa!! even if you don't like the food, it is worth going there just to visit AKL!!! That has to be one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever been in!!!

Upvote 0

poohbear6103

I love Jiko's. It's also a must for my trips. We were just in Disney this past weekend for 4 days and I made a point to have our first dinner there. The atmosphere is great. They are super friendly and the restaurant is beautiful. The walls change colors as the meal goes by, like a sunset. As for my favorite things: the Taste of Africa (bread sampler), African cheese plate (definitely no Swiss or cheddar here!). For my meal I love the monk fish and the scallops. My boyfriend absolutely loves the lamb shank (falls off the bone). The food is sometime spicy but more flavorful than anything else. Definitely worth a try to see someplace so unique.

Upvote 0

bhg469

We loved our food there the olive flatbread is making my stomach growel at me right now! anyway i only went once thout it was a wonderful meal but our waiter was french and quite rude. he also got our desert order wrong and brought my girlfriend a sorbet that was "sorBAD" is was so sour that it ruined her appetite, and she is a desert machine. But you have to go the dinner aws fantastic.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Getting to AKL by bus can be a long pain in the butt. This is why we rent a car even when staying at a monorail resort. We love to visit other resorts and eat and Boma and Jiko are two of are favorites and we never miss our chance to go over to eat there. You need to find a way to try one or the other or both!!!

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

Prof Ecks

We have a dinner coming up at Jiko during our visit next week. We are staying at the Boardwalk and have our dinner at Jiko scheduled for the day we are visiting AK. That cuts down on the travel time. You finish up your visit at AK and catch a bus over to the Lodge for dinner. Then I think we will head over to the Adventurer's Club to finish off the day....also kinda stays with the theming of our day! I have never eaten at Jiko and am looking forward to it more than ever based on what you all have said about it.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

Prof Ecks said:
We have a dinner coming up at Jiko during our visit next week. We are staying at the Boardwalk and have our dinner at Jiko scheduled for the day we are visiting AK. That cuts down on the travel time. You finish up your visit at AK and catch a bus over to the Lodge for dinner. Then I think we will head over to the Adventurer's Club to finish off the day....also kinda stays with the theming of our day! I have never eaten at Jiko and am looking forward to it more than ever based on what you all have said about it.

If you like fish, I HIGHLY recommend you try the monkfish!! It's delicious!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom