Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Resort

BelleWannaBe77

Original Poster
OH my goodness. Honestly, at Jiko, I ate the best meal I've ever eaten (and I have traveled all over the country and also to France, England, Egypt, Italy, and China). I ordered the beef tenderloin (it was that or filet) and it came with mac and cheese!! It was white cheese and the sauce with the steak was a red wine sauce (it was to die for). I've never tasted anything that amazing before!! The meat was also of such high quality, no other restaurant has ever compared. I recommend it to everyone!!

RonAnnArbor

I'll join in to say that this has absolutely become my favorite restaurant on WDW property - never had a bad meal there, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the servers are the best you could get. Highly highly recommended.

cherrynegra

Add me to the Jiko fanbase. I LOVE THAT RESTAURANT!! I come from a serious foodie town and Jiko could go head to head with the best of 'em. My favorite dish is the lamb shank and the short ribs coming in a close second. I highly recommend this restaurant!!

Dagger

Ugh! I've already booked and made ADRs for this next trip but I will definitely have to go when I go next Spring/Summer!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
RonAnnArbor said:
You can always change ADR's. I've done it day of visit.

Just make sure they confirm the new one before you cancel the original.

jmoisa

We too believe that JIKO is the best resturant in AK. We stayed at the AKL and i originally booked only Boma. But, my unmagical DH wouldn't let me book dinners for the entire stay, so the last night we were stuck, and every where was full. I suggested eating down stairs in JIKO, and knew that the food was a more African fare than Boma, so I kept my fingers crossed (he is very picky). He absolutly fell in love with everything, and I swear we had the best waiter I have ever had in any resturant. He actually got DH to try all sorts of foods, and beverages, with an open mind.. I was ever so greatful. (needless to say he go one heck of a tip). This is going to be a defineite must for all of our trips..

Dagger if you can change your ADR, please do..it will be well worth it!

Have a wonderful trip!:wave:

TwoTigersMom

Add another Jiko Fan! I had the same meal (steak with Mac & Cheese) when I went as well. It was fantastic! I can't remember what DH had, but he raved over it as well. We actually found a local restraunt that has a filet with a stawberry demi glaze that is extremely similar to Jiko's. The first bite, Jiko popped in my head and I had DH try it and he said It tastes like what you had at Jiko last time! Exactly my thoughts as well.

isitingood

Terrific

Jiko was awesome. I have stayed at the AKL before and would recommend Jiko to everyone. But if want good seafood go to Naroossee's at the Grand Floridian the eight sided pavilion is fantastic and over looks the Lagoon.

RedGear

BelleWannaBe77 said:
OH my goodness. Honestly, at Jiko, I ate the best meal I've ever eaten (and I have traveled all over the country and also to France, England, Egypt, Italy, and China). I ordered the beef tenderloin (it was that or filet) and it came with mac and cheese!! It was white cheese and the sauce with the steak was a red wine sauce (it was to die for). I've never tasted anything that amazing before!! The meat was also of such high quality, no other restaurant has ever compared. I recommend it to everyone!!

That's exactly what I had when I went last April! It was so good, and I loved it, and I totally recommened Jiko to people too. It was one of the best meals me and my fiance have ever, EVER had!!

shoppingnut

JimboJones123 said:
Business casual, guess I'll have to pack pants -- THAT SUCKS-- maybe I'll go back to Nine Dragons.

No you don't, I've worn shorts in there and have seen men wearing them too. The shorts just need to look decent and wear a golf type shirt and you'll be good to go.

JimboJones123

shoppingnut said:
No you don't, I've worn shorts in there and have seen men wearing them too. The shorts just need to look decent and wear a golf type shirt and you'll be good to go.

Those rat finks. Good, saves me 1/3 of my duffle.

RedGear

I was worried they were going to get mad at me for wearing a collered shirt, shorts and flip flops, but no one said anything and no one was really dressed up either.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought buisness casual was collered shirt, bermuda length shorts. Cant see how they could say no flip flops as ladies can wear sandals. Certainly no complaint at Calli Grill last summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom