jet blue /JFK airport

hrmom26

Original Poster
i have a return flight from Disney on jet blue with a stop at JFK airport for a change of planes and then continue on to home. i have never had a stop and had to change plans how does it work? do i need to get my checked luggage or will they switch it over to the other plane for me? do i have to travel a long way in the airport from where i get left off to where i get on the other airplane? there is only a 45 min. time between flights so i hope there isn't much i need to do or far to walk. if anyone has taken the same flight home or to and has any info for me that would be great thanks:wave:

nicholas

You don't need to get your luggage. They put it on the new plane for you (usually). LOL

The distance from one gate to the other is not far at all. All of the Jetblue flights go through the same general area. 45 minutes should be plenty of time. PLENTY. I've made it from one end of Ohare to the other in 5-10 minutes before and JFK is smaller than that one. If you have a laptop with you, Jetblue even has FREE Wifi at the JFK airports which is nice.

napnet

You should be fine, its usually an easy thing to do... unless your plane is late. If your on the same carrier than terminals shouldnt be far. It was 'fun' once in Atlanta having to go all the way across the terminal airport....

BRER STITCH

There is only one terminal at JFK that Jet Blue uses (as far as I know) and the Arrivals and Departures are literally right in the same room!

Their terminal is a big round waiting room and barring any construction walls, you should be able to see your gate as you exit your arriving flight!

I fly them all the time from Buffalo to NYC (and when I am going anywhere else they go), and the change at JFK is sometimes as easy as walking into the building and walking out the very next door you see!

Your luggage is transferred for you so if you have some time, be sure to get a nice big slice of NY Pizza before your flight!!! :slurp:

No worries in that area! ENJOY YOUR TRIP!

:wave:

nicholas

Found a map to give you a visual as well.

JetBlue is at terminal 6, the yellow terminal at the top of the map. As Bret Stitch said, it's mostly two round rooms with 5 gates each, and 3 gates in a connecting "hall"

I agree about the pizza, but there's also a food place in that terminal called Mex and the City, which I always have to eat at just because the name gives me the giggles :)

JFKTermv2-2_closed.jpg

AliciaLuvzDizne

napnet said:
You should be fine, its usually an easy thing to do... unless your plane is late. If your on the same carrier than terminals shouldnt be far. It was 'fun' once in Atlanta having to go all the way across the terminal airport....
*atlanta* :mad:
you must have flown delta?!

reply to the OP:

Jet Blue has never given me any issues. And the terminal at JFK for Jet Blue is fairly small and easy to navigate.
I've eaten at the pizza place, but I got a sandwich
I've never seen the Mex and the City place, but i'll be sure to remember it cuz that name rocks!!

and
as long as you fly the same carrier from point A to stopover B to get to destination C, they take care of the bags for you.
if you're switching airlines its a different story, but you're sticking with Jet Blue so they change the bags for you :wave:

hrmom26

Original Poster
thanks everyone :D
it sounds easy and the map is great.
can you see the statue of liberty from the plane?
sorry if thats a stupid question i have no idea where the statue is in reference to the airport so i didn't no if you fly over or near it coming or going it would be great for the kids if it did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom