News Jessica Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Rich T

it weird how many people are seem genuinely upset about this, claiming that todays kids and audiences are so soft and that theyre ruining disney.....yet on the other hand they are getting genuinely upset about the small changes to a wacky ride in a theme park. ironic
Oh, just wait. Sooner than you think, the corporation is gonna mess with something *you* hold dear at the parks in a way that makes zero sense and tosses what Disney once stood for right out the window. Then you’ll be one of us. 😃

Of course it’s just a theme park. But this a forum full of fans and ex-fans who have been going to DL with their families for decades (6 decades in my case). This is the place for venting about our shared hobby. 😃

Last edited:

Dr.Cheeto

The Jessica figures added to the ride will remove her curves too.

She'll be an anodyne stick figure in a trench coat, with a garbled audio line about "throwing my fedora into the ring!" :rolleyes:
"Calling all cars! You there? It's Benny! Listen, Roger needs our help! Take these Portable Holes and throw them at Jessica whenever her immodest bits offend you! But be careful, she's a whole lotta woman! huba huba!"

britain

She's a caricature of a caricature. Like Baby Herman, she was designed to vaguely remind you of someone you might remember from old 40's cartoons. But instead of jokes about infants, diapers and pacifiers, it's all about wolf-whistling sex. There's no other defining attribute to Jessica - that's her whole reason for being.

She's drawn that way. Her voice is too - not sure how they're going to get around that.

I'd prefer that Jessica go the way of Song of the South personally. It would work more cleanly than for them to try some sort of version of her that isn't about sex.

Last edited:

BasiltheBatLord

Full poster
e_wo6nxxsaqjsb-jpeg.587210

I see that this poster is using conservative law and order rhetoric. Not an inclusive or safe space for guests! Change immediately. #DefundtheToonSquad

TP2000

I’m Canadian. At least Disneyland has something, there’s nothing in Florida! But that doesn’t stop Small World from being one of my favourites

Oh, you're kidding?! I often skip Small World at WDW because, well, because it's just so sad and short out there. And it smells funky.

I don't remember the Mountie being missing in the WDW version, but I believe you.

I'm almost positive he's in the Tokyo version though. So at least the Japanese know a thing or two.

TP2000

I’ve always loved that animated statue. Mounties rock. I think most Canadians have a sense of humor about the overused symbols of their country. Did you see the wonderfully insane closing ceremony of the Calgary Winter Olympics? It was an arena full of giant Maple Leaves, Moose, Hockey Players and Mounties whirling around in kaleidoscopic, firework-spewing displays of good-humored fun.
View attachment 587274
View attachment 587277View attachment 587275View attachment 587276
And, when you cross the border from Canada to the U.S., you know darn well what images are gonna be on 99% of the merch at the border shop. 😃 (I bought the Mountie Tea Tin).
View attachment 587278

I had forgotten about that Olympics, but you are right! 🤣

Growing up, I always loved visiting my relatives up in BC. They lived on gorgeous land out in Kelowna and Penticton, although later some moved to the big city in Vancouver. They were wonderful people with a great sense of humor. From my dad's side of the family, where I got my sense of humor from.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I had a Canadian side of the family growing up. Think of the insult to the Canadians, about the best neighbor any country could ask for.

America hosted a lavish World's Fair, and Walt Disney built a boat ride about the whole world singing together, and all Canada got was one single plywood mountie flapping his arms under a thunderbird. And the glitter on his breeches isn't helping the situation.

6a00d83451ef2569e2015390a91cba970b-600wi
Don't worry TP2000, he will very soon be getting a friend that represent Canada extremely well from the new upcoming (not legally guaranteed) smash hit Disney-Pixar movie Turning RedTM!
1631767750924.png

TP2000

Don't worry TP2000, he will very soon be getting a friend that represent Canada extremely well from the new upcoming (not legally guaranteed) smash hit Disney-Pixar movie Turning RedTM!
View attachment 587302

Is there really an upcoming Pixar movie set in Canada? What is that, a fox? A lynx? Don't tell me that's supposed to be a bear.

I can just picture the Meet-N-Greet at Disneyland now! With a long line of very pasty white tourists from BC and Alberta wearing expensive camping togs as their "tourist apparel" with pink sunburnt legs and pink sunburnt noses.

I'm going to have to watch for this, and then happily stand in that Meet-N-Greet line chatting with all the hilarious and friendly Canadians!

Sharon&Susan

Is there really an upcoming Pixar movie set in Canada? What is that, a fox? A lynx? Don't tell me that's supposed to be a bear.

I can just picture the Meet-N-Greet at Disneyland now! With a long line of very pasty white tourists from BC and Alberta wearing expensive camping togs as their "tourist apparel" with pink sunburnt legs and pink sunburnt noses.

I'm going to have to watch for this, and then happily stand in that Meet-N-Greet line chatting with all the hilarious and friendly Canadians!
It's a tween girl who turn turns into a red Panda whenever her mom acts like a karen.

TP2000

It's a tween girl who turn turns into a red Panda whenever her mom acts like a karen.

You are making that up! Tell me you are making that up. Please. And she's Canadian? A Canadian tween girl who turns into a red Panda when her mom embarasses her in public by demanding to speak to the manager?

I don't know whether to like it, or to hate it. It's weird. But I think I like it.

Seriously, are you making that up?

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

You are making that up! Tell me you are making that up. Please. And she's Canadian? A Canadian tween girl who turns into a red Panda when her mom embarasses her in public by demanding to speak to the manager?

I don't know whether to like it, or to hate it. It's weird. But I think I like it.

Seriously, are you making that up?
Not making it up. She's sometimes student, sometimes a red panda, all times Backstreet Boys fangirl. Check out the teaser below if you dare.

TP2000

Not making it up. She's sometimes student, sometimes a red panda, all times Backstreet Boys fangirl. Check out the teaser below if you dare.

Well, okay. You aren't making it up.

I didn't notice much Canada here, except for a brief shot of the CN Tower and a maple leaf t-shirt.

But still, while I doubt I'll ever be seeing this movie, I probably will stand in line at the Meet-N-Greet just to chat with some fun Canadians.

Robbiem

Oh, you're kidding?! I often skip Small World at WDW because, well, because it's just so sad and short out there. And it smells funky.

I don't remember the Mountie being missing in the WDW version, but I believe you.

I'm almost positive he's in the Tokyo version though. So at least the Japanese know a thing or two.

The mountie is definitely in Tokyo, which recently had an upgrade including a new station themed load area. I’m not sure about Hong Kong or Paris but I think he is there as well.

I really love small world. The whole idea of the ride is about peace and inclusiveness and it is something I always ride. Its not supposed to be ultra realistic its a child's view of a happy colourful world. If everyone rode small world I’m sure the world would be a better place

TP2000

Funnily enough, some of the rumors on here were that Iger spearheaded getting rid of Splash Mountain because he was concerned it could be an issue in a future presidential campaign.

He's an old man. It's long time past for him to step aside, have some breakfast with Willow on the terrace, and then go play golf.

The President thing for Democrats is out for anyone who is a straight white male through at least 2032. Maybe forever.

The best thing Iger (age 70) could hope for would be to be named by Governor Newsom as the replacement Junior Senator from California when Diane Feinstein (age 88) suddenly passes away peacefully in her sleep after a life well lived.

But then that whole plan fell apart a year ago, once Newsom and Iger couldn't stand each other, Newsom kept Disneyland closed for 14 months, and Iger publicly quit Newsom's California Covid Business Kool Kids Klub (or whatever that useless glob of bureaucracy was called). Newsom and Iger are not friends. Also, Iger is the wrong race, wrong gender, and wrong everything to be named a Senator in California, as per above. When Senator Feinstein passes, Iger's phone won't ring.

I bought into the rumors five years ago that Iger was angling for a political career in Washington DC post-Disney. But the political winds have changed dramatically for Democrats since then, and Iger is absolutely no use to them now. So his political possibilities, whatever they may have been a few years ago, have now withered away.

Iger in the 2020's is only slightly more useful to the DNC than Lincoln Chafee (Google that Democratic '16 Presidential candidate, and ponder a Presidential platform that prominently mentioned switching to the Metric system).

Iger just needs to accept the world will continue on without him, and go play some golf and enjoy his big fortune and genuinely lovely and charming wife while he still can.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom