News Jessica Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

VJ

Original Poster
Disneyland officials have confirmed that the recent removal of Jessica Rabbit from a show scene in Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin is deliberate, and part of an overarching new plotline for the ride that will see Jessica Rabbit as head of her very own PI agency.

Sharon&Susan

Can't see Baby Herman's cigar and pinup calendar (maybe the wallpaper too?) lasting through these changes.
1631676669656.png

TP2000

This reads like satire 🤣

Doesn't it?! For about five seconds I honestly thought this was something like The Onion dressed up to look like the OC Register. Until I checked the URL and it dawned on me this was real.

The people in HR making these decisions have absolutely no idea what kind of artwork they are editing here. I'm sure there's a whole batallion of Imagineers ready to suck up to their new HR masters in order to make their Tesla payments, but it's obviously all rolling downhill from HR.

This re-writing of the attraction plotline, and thus the entire movie the ride is based on, reads like a good satire piece from The Onion.

At the end of the day, these people are complete idiots who have no idea what they're messing with. And I'm not even a big Roger Rabbit fan! (Although, I'm probably going to download it now and watch it to see what all the fuss is about before it's banned and permanently erased.)

Last edited:

Rich T

Is it April Fools Day already?

Yeah, this is stupid, needless and idiotic.

But... not gonna lie, the idea of Jessica becoming a P.I. —possibly inspired by her time with Eddie Valiant— isn’t bad, fits her character and would be a great plotline for a movie sequel.

But, yeah, as a needless change to RRCTS, this is a huge eyeroll and another reason for me to not spend a dime or a second of my time at Bobsyland.

Vote with your wallets, folks. It’s the only language the Bobs speak or understand.

TP2000

Will we get to see more of her boobies?

I put this in the other thread, but I think it's obvious that Jessica Rabbit is going to get some new wardrobe.

Out with the 1940's Glamour Girl look that made complete sense in the movie, and in with Miss Marple tweed designed to please the 2020's New Puritans who would never lower themselves to go to Disneyland to begin with. :rolleyes:

Miss Marple, the design inspiration for the new Jessica Rabbit...

af04bce47b56add36920306076913a6f.jpg

Skywise

Doesn't it?! For about five seconds I honestly thought this was something like The Onion dressed up to look like the OC Register. Until I checked the URL and it dawned on me this was real.

The people in HR making these decisions have absolutely no idea what kind of artwork they are editing here. I'm sure there's a whole batallion of Imagineers ready to suck up to their new HR masters in order to make their Tesla payments, but it's obviously all rolling downhill from HR.

This re-writing of the attraction plotline, and thus the entire movie the ride is based on, reads like a good satire piece from The Onion.

At the end of the day, these people are complete idiots who have no idea what they're messing with. And I'm not even a big Roger Rabbit fan! (Although, I'm probably going to download it now and watch it to see what all the fuss is about before it's banned and permanently erased.)
I've been buying up most of the old Disney library on blu-ray for just this reason

Skywise

Can we point out how the barrels dont even fit in the cars trunk? It wouldn't be able to close. It's like they just shoved a random prop there.

Glad we lost an animatronic of an iconic character for 2 static barrels.
Think of the cost savings!!! Animatronic repair is expensive!

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Can we point out how the barrels dont even fit in the cars trunk? It wouldn't be able to close. It's like they just shoved a random prop there.

Glad we lost an animatronic of an iconic character for 2 static barrels.
I’m assuming the barrels were a “temporary fix” (albeit an unnecessary one) and this scene will be wholly reworked/replaced entirely.

Again, since this attraction isn’t a five alarm fire issue TDA/WDI should have just left it as until they were ready to give the ride a proper closure and rehab, ideally timed with the opening of “new Toontown” and MMRR.

TP2000

Okay, so how does this work exactly? What's the new plotline? From the OC Register...

The updated Car Toon Spin storyline turns Jessica Rabbit into the newest private eye in Mickey’s Toontown on the lookout for Toon Patrol Weasels responsible for a sharp rise in crime.

“Jessica Rabbit has determined it is past time for her to throw her fedora in the ring by starting her own private investigation service,” according to the new Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin backstory. “Watch out weasels, your reign of terror is over.”

The problem is that none of that was ever mentioned or approached in the movie. It's entirely fabricated 33 years after the movie was released, and will be unknown to the theme park audience.

This new plot will need to be explained and laid out on the ride. The queue is dead, relegated only to those idiot losers who can't figure out the App or can't afford Genie+. They may try and explain this new plot via the queue, but it won't register for most folks and many riders won't even enter the extended queue from 1993.

Which means they'll have to lay out this new plotline on the ride itself. Like all dark rides, it's a loud and cacophonous mess of audio. Any attempt at a plotline will only sound like this to the average rider... "Oh, Jessica, you've got evidence on the weasels and blah-blah-blah CRASH! blah-blah! throw your fedora in the ring blah-blah-blah ZING! BONGO! blah-blah-blah! I sure like your tweed, in a purely professional manner of course! blah-blah-blah! You ended a reign of terror as only a strong woman could!"

Oh, and there's also a steering wheel to make your car spin during this plotline, which is what most folks focus on first.

Honestly. Dark rides are bad at telling stories if you don't already know the characters and plotlines. See Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as an example. They are loud and wacky and chaotic. They are not good mediums for introducing new characters and establishing new plot points.

I can't wait to see how messy this is. Again, I want to be embarassed for them. But they handle this stuff so poorly and so pompously now that I can't muster the will to be embarassed for them.

Last edited:

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Okay, so how does this work exactly? What's the new plotline? From the OC Register...

The updated Car Toon Spin storyline turns Jessica Rabbit into the newest private eye in Mickey’s Toontown on the lookout for Toon Patrol Weasels responsible for a sharp rise in crime.

“Jessica Rabbit has determined it is past time for her to throw her fedora in the ring by starting her own private investigation service,” according to the new Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin backstory. “Watch out weasels, your reign of terror is over.”

The problem is that none of that was ever mentioned or approached in the movie. None of that has ever been mentioned about any of the Roger Rabbit character arcs or plotlines. It's entirely fabricated 33 years after the movie was released, and will be unknown to the theme park audience.

This new plot will need to be explained and laid out on the ride. The queue is dead, relegated only to those idiot losers who can't figure out the App or can't afford Genie+. They may try and explain this new plot via the queue, but it won't register for most folks and many riders won't even enter the extended queue from 1993.

Which means they'll have to lay out this new plotline on the ride itself. Like all dark rides, it's a loud and cacophonous mess of audio. Any attempt at a plotline will only sound like this to the average rider... "Oh, Jessica, you've got evidence on the weasels and blah-blah-blah CRASH! blah-blah! throw your fedora in the ring blah-blah-blah ZING! BONGO! blah-blah-blah! I sure like your tweed, in a purely professional manner of course! blah-blah-blah!"

Oh, and there's a steering wheel to make your car spin, which is what most folks focus on first.

Honestly. Dark rides are bad at telling stories if you don't already know the characters and plotlines. See Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as an example. They are loud and wacky and chaotic. They are not good mediums for introducing new characters and establishing new plot points.

I can't wait to see how messy this is. Again, I want to be embarassed for them. But they handle this stuff so poorly and so pompously now that I can't muster the will to be embarassed for them.
As my family would ask: Does it spin? Does it glow in the dark? Does it still have weird characters and noises? And most importantly does it spin, because it’s important that it still spins? 🤪

Again delusions of grandeur thinking most folks paid attention to the storytelling on this ride that much. But hey, job security.

TP2000

As my family would ask: Does it spin? Does it glow in the dark? Does it still have weird characters and noises? And most importantly does it spin, because it’s important that it still spins? 🤪

Again delusions of grandeur thinking most folks paid attention to the storytelling on this ride that much. But hey, job security.

Exactly.

It's a loud, wacky dark ride. Based on a movie the owning company has long since forgotten. That spins.

There's an entire HR Committee working on this stuff. That spins. Blah-blah-blah! Exit to your left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom