Jersey week- what exactly did I get myself into?

Minnie1986

This fall, specifically the first week in November, I’ll be taking my little cousin to WDW. However, I’ve just realized that the reason he’s out of school that week is because he’s from NJ. On a scale of 1-oh lord no, how crazy should I anticipate it being? I’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing this phenomenon so any help or advice on how best to deal would be great!

Minnesota disney fan

You are going to hear responses from no problem to oh no don't go it's awful!!
I can only speak from our experiences. My husband and I have gone at that time of year several times. However, we haven't gone then in the past couple of years, so it might have changed. We did not notice it being "jersey week" at all. There were crowds but not so much that they interfered with our fun. It was just as crowded as any other time, to us.
I guess you need to go and find out for yourself. There are crowds all the time now, so you just have to be prepared with fp's and adr's. and a game plan. :) have fun!

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We once inadvertently visited during Jersey Week. Other than a drunk crowd of gold chain-wearing stereotypes screaming a call-and-response of, "Where 'ah we fruuum? F*%cking NEW JERSEY!!!" ad nauseum in the queue of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad one evening in front of my then 4 and 6-year-olds (they learned a lot that night), we had no issues whatsoever and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. The risks are no greater than visiting WDW during any other week that a large tour group, or cheerleading/sports group, is there...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I'll be going the same exact week as you. Yes, it'll be busy but Disney is almost always busy now. You just have to have a plan and navigate the parks properly. Don't let the crowds get to ya, you are going to have a great time regardless!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Weve been in the parks during Jersey week and didnt find it at all that bad. The first time I realized it was occuring during my trip I was worried also because I had heard all kinds of negatives.... but we found the Brazilian tour group times, the cheerleaders and Pop Warner crowds were much more disruptive and oppressive.

Upvote 0

Smiley/OCD

We once inadvertently visited during Jersey Week. Other than a drunk crowd of gold chain-wearing stereotypes screaming a call-and-response of, "Where 'ah we fruuum? F*%cking NEW JERSEY!!!" ad nauseum in the queue of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad one evening in front of my then 4 and 6-year-olds (they learned a lot that night), we had no issues whatsoever and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. The risks are no greater than visiting WDW during any other week that a large tour group, or cheerleading/sports group, is there...
As a life long NJ resident, we all DON'T talk like that or act like that...maybe the Jersey Shore cast? LOL...We've gone that week several times, weather is comfortable, crowd size is now crowd size no matter when you go these days. Just don't wear a Cowboys, Patriots or Red Sox hat that week...otherwise, fogettaboutit!!

Upvote 0

JMcMahonEsq

We are driving down to WDW that week as well. As a Bergen County NJ resident (born in Mass, and even though I have lived in NJ since 2003, I still can't bring myself to say I am "from" NJ) we have gone down the last 3 years for jersey week. Besides meeting some of our kids classmates by happenstance at Rainforest Café, I haven't noticed it being any more or less crowded. Flights out of Newark to MCO however were crazy expensive, hence why we are driving this year. I think we noticed more crowds at Epcott but I attribute that more to Food and Wine festival than Jersey week. Though given this year that A) Christmas events start that week, with the first Christmas Party being on Friday night, and B) Galaxy Edge being open, this year might have some bigger crowds.

Upvote 0

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

This fall, specifically the first week in November, I’ll be taking my little cousin to WDW. However, I’ve just realized that the reason he’s out of school that week is because he’s from NJ. On a scale of 1-oh lord no, how crazy should I anticipate it being? I’ve never had the pleasure of experiencing this phenomenon so any help or advice on how best to deal would be great!
Over the years, DW & I (from MI), have been at WDW during MANY "Jersey weeks". We really have never noticed any crowd level differences. Could be because EVERY week is "something week".

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
We are driving down to WDW that week as well. As a Bergen County NJ resident (born in Mass, and even though I have lived in NJ since 2003, I still can't bring myself to say I am "from" NJ) we have gone down the last 3 years for jersey week. Besides meeting some of our kids classmates by happenstance at Rainforest Café, I haven't noticed it being any more or less crowded. Flights out of Newark to MCO however were crazy expensive, hence why we are driving this year. I think we noticed more crowds at Epcott but I attribute that more to Food and Wine festival than Jersey week. Though given this year that A) Christmas events start that week, with the first Christmas Party being on Friday night, and B) Galaxy Edge being open, this year might have some bigger crowds.
I noticed that flights out of Newark are absurdly expensive! We’re flying out of my state which is half the price. I hope food and wine is still going on during that week. I love it! Maybe I’ll catch MVMCP also.

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I noticed that flights out of Newark are absurdly expensive! We’re flying out of my state which is half the price. I hope food and wine is still going on during that week. I love it! Maybe I’ll catch MVMCP also.

Yea, flights are crazy expensive right now. I've been watching them everyday because I'll be flying out of Newark Nov 2nd ha. Food and Wine will be going on until Nov 23rd so you have plenty of time! The first Christmas Party is Nov 8 and we'll be attending! Super excited for it, I've never been before.

Upvote 0

SteveAZee

I suspect that there is an overall increase in airline pricing due to the grounding of the Boeing 737 MAX planes. Same, demand, lower supply... prices go up. The earliest the planes are supposed to be back in service is August the last I read, and then there's the question of who's going to pay for a ticket to fly on them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom