Trip Report JenniferS was live! 9/6/17 - 9/16/17

This will be my fourth live trip report in a year, and after NYC last week, I thought Hubby had reached his limit, but he says, "No, go ahead, do a live trip report. It lets me control the tv while you talk to your friends." (As we meet more of my WDWDisney friends, he uses finger quotes around "friends" less and less.)

So, here we go, another live trip report. I really don't have the will to do a post trip report, so it's "live" or nothing. Once I'm out of the bubble, I'm out.

Introductions.
IMG_2660.JPG

That would be me, Jennifer, on the left. Big Disney fan, big Blue Jays fan, big Hubby fan. Ace, in the middle - although he will always be BJ Birdie to me. Hubby, Mike, on the right. Although Mike is the one who first introduced me to Disney in 1991, it's not really his thing. He goes with me most years to make me happy. And also for the food.

As with our past three trips, we will be spending 11 days, 10 nights at Coronado Springs Resort. We booked a BounceBack offer before checking out last year, before knowing how much construction would be going on. Oh well, it is what it is. And what it is, is my favourite resort in my Happy Place; so it's all good.

We have a Preferred King room booked, which means Casitas 1, 2, or 3. Nonetheless, I think I will be sending in a room preference fax tomorrow asking for a refurbed King room in either 7A or 8A. I'll be happy either way. I am ridiculously easy to please whilst in WDW.

Yes, I am one of those Free Dining parasites. By booking the BB offer last year, we are actually getting the full DDP for free, instead of having to upgrade from QDP. I put great thought and effort into our ADR's. Mike is a big guy and eats a lot. The heat and humidity really kills my appetite, so Mike eats at least half of my meals too. (I've recently packed on 20 pounds, so that may be a good thing.)

Next up, our somewhat loosey goosey itinerary.

MySmallWorldof4

Lunch @ LTT:

View attachment 229344

We chose not to order the AYCE Pilgrim's Feast, choosing to split the pot roast and the Colony Salad.
View attachment 229345 View attachment 229346 View attachment 229347

As in the past, the kitchen kindly split both meals for us.
View attachment 229349 View attachment 229350 View attachment 229351 View attachment 229352

I ate all of my salad, but for one piece of the chicken, and I say half of the pot roast. Mike says "less", but it's my trip report, so we'll go with what I say. :hilarious:
I never thought of asking to split the meals. Usually we will just hand each other plates and make a mess with splitting things ourselves. Will need to remember that one. The food looks like it was delicious. Looks like another awesome day!:)

PUSH

From there, we headed to the Land to ride LwtL and ride Soarin'.

View attachment 229181 View attachment 229182 View attachment 229183 View attachment 229184

Does anyone else see an incredibly subtle Hidden Mickey?
View attachment 229185 View attachment 229186 View attachment 229187 View attachment 229188 View attachment 229189

Sadly, I noticed that the alligators never did make a comeback.

We hopped on the monorail back to the TTC and then drove back to the resort. Turns out that there was not enough time to swim AND shower. We had to pick one. Pretty sure showering was the right one.

No worries though, I've rearranged things tomorrow to accommodate swimming early in the day before we hit MK.
LwtL has so many obvious Hidden Mickeys, but I did find a couple on my past trip that have eluded me for many years.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Most bizarre thing ever!

Those 3 phone calls I got from a 407 number while on Buzz yesterday was the hotel calling to explain that a computer glitch had accidentally checked us out, but that we had been checked back in. Only prob was that our CC had to be re-linked to our reservation and that we had no charging privileges until we got back to the hotel and visited the front desk.

We took care of it last night.

Well today at lunch when we got our receipt, it said that we still had 12 TS credits left. That ain't right. So when I checked MDE, it is not linked to our new reservation number. *sigh*

First a call, then a visit ... long story short, we have many extra credits - snack, CS, and TS. They have no way to determine the correct number to fix it, so we have been ordered (yes ordered) to eat until we burst!

Back up to 30 Snack Credits. I sure hope @Eric1955 is up for some F&WF tomorrow!

Also, we are getting two new mugs! We don't need two new mugs. "Take them anyway", the supervisor says. "Consider it as repayment for all this inconvenience." Maybe Eric wants those for his sister!

Lucky

Well today at lunch when we got our receipt, it said that we still had 12 TS credits left. That ain't right. So when I checked MDE, it is not linked to our new reservation number. *sigh*

First a call, then a visit ... long story short, we have many extra credits - snack, CS, and TS. They have no way to determine the correct number to fix it, so we have been ordered (yes ordered) to eat until we burst!

Back up to 30 Snack Credits. I sure hope @Eric1955 is up for some F&WF tomorrow!

Also, we are getting two new mugs! We don't need two new mugs. "Take them anyway", the supervisor says. "Consider it as repayment for all this inconvenience."
:mad: They should compensate you with more than two mugs for making you eat all that extra food! Like, a bunch of extra FPs for all those walk on rides! And a birthday cake! And a savannah view!

riverside

Most bizarre thing ever!

Those 3 phone calls I got from a 407 number while on Buzz yesterday was the hotel calling to explain that a computer glitch had accidentally checked us out, but that we had been checked back in. Only prob was that our CC had to be re-linked to our reservation and that we had no charging privileges until we got back to the hotel and visited the front desk.

Also, we are getting two new mugs! We don't need two new mugs. "Take them anyway", the supervisor says. "Consider it as repayment for all this inconvenience." Maybe Eric wants those for his sister!
That's great!!

MySmallWorldof4

Most bizarre thing ever!

CM's still going above and beyond it seems. :)Hoping the pattern continues! Maybe you get to take a lot of Disney snacks home with the extra credits, unless of course Mike has no problem using them all there. :D
By the way, it is a pretty blouse, and if you spill anything just stand next to Mike. The reflection from his loud shirt will minimize any stains. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom