Jennifer Hudson to help christen Disney Dream today as ship's Godmother....

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Check it out:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/ent...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Jennifer Hudson to help christen Disney Dream today as ship's Godmother

jennifer-hudson-disney-dream-0118.jpg

Jennifer Hudson will help christen the Disney Dream at Port Canaveral as the cruise ship's honorary “Godmother.”
  • jennifer-hudson-disney-dream-0118.jpg
  • disney_dream_final_0907_rdax_676x481.jpg
  • disney-dream-0103_rdax_676x450.jpg
  • disney-dream-characters-port-canaveral-0104-5_rdax.jpg
  • Disney-Dream-Pool-Deck_rdax_676x449.jpg
  • disney-dream-port-canaveral-0104-2.jpg

Last Updated: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:42 AM

More Info

PORT CANAVERAL -- Central Florida on Demand confirmed Tuesday that Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson will be named the "Godmother" of the Disney Dream during a christening ceremony Wednesday in Port Canaveral.
The christening of the Disney Dream is scheduled to take place alongside the new ship at 10:45 a.m.
  • Watch the Disney Dream christening ceremony LIVE today on News 13.
During the ceremony, Hudson will perform the song "Who Knows Where a Dream Might Lead."
The Disney Dream is one of two new ships being built by Disney Cruise Line, but these are much larger than Disney's original ocean liners.
The Dream alone can hold about 4,000 passengers.
It also features a few firsts at sea, including a water coaster called the Aqua Duck, and "virtual portholes" inside the ship's inner cabins that show live video from outside.
The Dream's arrival earlier in January also means one Disney Cruise Line ship that has called Port Canaveral home for more than a decade is leaving.
The Disney Wonder will now call California home, and will run cruises from Los Angeles through at least 2012.
Hudson, a former "American Idol" finalist from Season 3, went on to win an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress for her 2006 film debut, in "Dreamgirls."
She also picked up a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
Hudson also starred in the first "______ and the City" movie, and "The Secret Life of Bees," both in 2008.
Cruisin' the Dream

Join Central Florida on Demand's Scott Fais and Allison Walker as they sail on the Disney Dream's maiden voyage. Follow along as they blog and post photo and video from inside the ship.

Disneyfalcon

I love her as a choice actually. It's so neat to me that she got her start as a regular cast member (entertainer) on the Wonder and then she made it big.

When we saw her on American Idol we thought it was so exciting that she used to sing for Disney!:)

Mickey92

I hear you. They'd both be great choices. I just like Jennifer Hudson and her story and connection to Disney too.:)

+1

Does anyone know how we do follow Scott Fais and Allison Walker on the cruise? A Link or is it simply just click on their names in the first post?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom