JellyRolls

I_heart_Tigger

I was wondering how it was now. I haven't been since I was a CM in '98. The best part of the night was everyone screaming, "This song sucks!" at Sweet Caroline. :)

I'm staying at the Dolphin on my next trip so I was debating going out for a night to there or to Atlantic Dance.

Spikerdink

I want (and have wanted) to go, but as a rule I do not pay cover charges when I am going to plunk down $10 a drink. If you want me to pay a cover to guarantee I will drink, then give me a chip good for a tasty Captain and coke.

Sweet Melissa

I like it and think it's well worth the cover. We'll likely spend multiple nights there on our next visit. I know that already we're tentatively planning on going there for an "after-party" after our wedding reception at the Dolphin.

I_heart_Tigger

Nope. Howl at the Moon. I-Drive. Much better, more more fun, cheaper too.
I love Howl at the Moon. I still have the bumper sticker and my souvenir mug from there. You're 100% correct! Way better than Jellyrolls. Especially when they sing the song about that poor cat (you know the one I mean?). :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I like it and think it's well worth the cover. We'll likely spend multiple nights there on our next visit. I know that already we're tentatively planning on going there for an "after-party" after our wedding reception at the Dolphin.

I love it too! It has gone from $10 to $12 but great fun especially when the parks close earlier.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I love Howl at the Moon. I still have the bumper sticker and my souvenir mug from there. You're 100% correct! Way better than Jellyrolls. Especially when they sing the song about that poor cat (you know the one I mean?). :)

Hmpf. I know there is a Howl in Chicago, thinking I'm going to have to try the next time we are in the City.
Boy, what a train ride home that will be, Lordie.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Crowd type + performers make a big difference. Ray and Scotty are awesome. I feel like, if you had them playing, you may have a different opinion.

Uncle Remus

Ive been to Jellyrolls twice. The first time was with a friend and it was crazy. 2005. Second time was two months ago. Not fun at all. Way too tame.

I love Jelly Rolls but I have noticed its way hit or miss. The last time I was in there it was Terrible. It really depends on the crowd. Last time there was a big group who complained about song selection and requested nothing.

Sweet Melissa

Yeah, the audience does make a big difference, especially after it gets busy and requests start pouring in. If all anybody is requesting are songs from Grease and Billy Joel (which has happened to us before), it can be pretty lame. Obviously there are certain songs they have to do, but an imaginative crowd goes a long way.

Missymoe4

...eh...it's hit or miss I guess.

We went last year (a group of 25-30 years of age) and found it a bit lame. We held out because we paid and we really hoped that it would turn around. It's low key and nice to sit at a table, get drinks...but if you're looking for a happening place...find somewhere else. The drinks were decent, but again, nothing you cannot get anywhere else.

(I live in Chicago, and have world-class entertainment here...so much of my opinion may be swayed due to where I live/have visited at home versus in "the World")

Zman-ks

Never been but hope to go next trip!
75.gif

Same here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom