News Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple to close November 4; no replacement as of yet

VJ

Original Poster
According to a Facebook post by MousePlanet, Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple will close at Disneyland park on November 4, with no replacement planned.
Disney has confirmed that Jedi Training Academy will end at Disneyland on November 4, 2018. No replacement show or future plans announced. It appears the Walt Disney World version is safe for now. #disneyland#jeditraining #tomorrowland #starwars #jedi

britain

Ok, I'm officially suspicious now. Fresh Baked may have been off when mistaking planter foundations for monorail foundations, but I'm more and more convinced that something is up with Tomorrowland. Jedi Training being cut without a replacement is another indicator.

The most suspicious thing is actually that NOTHING has been done to the Astro-Orbitor rockwork. You're telling me that with all the curb widening going on all over the park, they aren't touching Pinchpoint Offender #1?

The only reason I can see why they haven't done this yet is that they'd want to take out the orbitor at the same time, and they wouldn't want to do that without some acknowledgment that a Tomorrowland revamp is in the works.

I know the general word on the street is that Tomorrowland is further down the line in terms of priority than Marvel, and then Fantasyland. But what if TDA has decided that the political climate crimping Marvel's expansion into the bus drop off area (and therefore crimping Marvel's 'Star Wars' counter-balancing act) is not worth making Tomorrowland wait?

And since cheap overlays like Pixar Pier is proving to not be much of a draw either, what if TDA is deciding to move forward with counter-balancing Star Wars with investing in the Eastern side of the park, while DCA/Marvel/politics get sorted out?

VJ

Original Poster
Ok, I'm officially suspicious now. Fresh Baked may have been off when mistaking planter foundations for monorail foundations, but I'm more and more convinced that something is up with Tomorrowland. Jedi Training being cut without a replacement is another indicator.

The most suspicious thing is actually that NOTHING has been done to the Astro-Orbitor rockwork. You're telling me that with all the curb widening going on all over the park, they aren't touching Pinchpoint Offender #1?

The only reason I can see why they haven't done this yet is that they'd want to take out the orbitor at the same time, and they wouldn't want to do that without some acknowledgment that a Tomorrowland revamp is in the works.

I know the general word on the street is that Tomorrowland is further down the line in terms of priority than Marvel, and then Fantasyland. But what if TDA has decided that the political climate crimping Marvel's expansion into the bus drop off area (and therefore crimping Marvel's 'Star Wars' counter-balancing act) is not worth making Tomorrowland wait?

And since cheap overlays like Pixar Pier is proving to not be much of a draw either, what if TDA is deciding to move forward with counter-balancing Star Wars with investing in the Eastern side of the park, while DCA/Marvel/politics get sorted out?
My guess is the Jedi Training removal is to soften the Star Wars presence in Tomorrowland ahead of Galaxy's Edge (and to save a few bucks in the process, of course). I'd expect Launch Bay/Hyperspace Mountain, maybe even Star Tours, to receive the same treatment eventually.

Phroobar

They are not that smart.

JTA will just go on hiatus until they are setup in some area of Galaxy Edge.

SuddenStorm

A recent Micechat update claimed that the rocks outside Tomorrowland are slated to be removed after they finish up the Frontierland entrance.

And honestly, I'm not sure I trust Imagineering to improve Tomorrowland right now. Gonna wait and see how Galaxy's Edge plays out, and Marvel Land before hoping for any kind of Tomorrowland improvements.

Just imagine.

"We've reimagineered space Mountain. It's now a Space Station/Warehouse/Powerplant"

Last edited:

Phroobar

Off topic, but it's funny how much that site dropped off my radar. Even if I missed the tail end of the Lutz days. I used to at least check ferociously every tuesday and follow their photo reports.

The last MiceAge update was actually a year ago now. RIP.
That's a good thing. Maybe they should go back to pictures of pealing paint and claiming it was because of them that it was quickly fixed.

brb1006

Bring back the Kids of the Kingdom! Upbeat! Clean Cut! Matching Sweater Sets! Smile 'Til It Hurts! :D

And then at night get these go-go girls back onto that stage.

Sometimes I don't think TDA execs even know what they're in charge of. :rolleyes:

Kids of the Kingdom! really fitted the Disneyland and WDW of the 70's and 80's. When did the parks stop using them?

JD2000

David from Fresh Baked has a source who claimed Tomorrowland is going to be almost completely demolished and rebuilt, with Space Mountain and likely the Disneyland Monorail as the only attractions to remain. And is now slated to be the next large scale project.

You could even speculate further, as there is no known Star Tours replacement, Astro Orbiter is rumored to be removed alongside the decorative rocks, the Matterhorn queue conveniently moving crowds away from Tomorowland, and now the sudden removal of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom