Jedi Training Academy to close to reopen later this year as 'Jedi Training - Trials of the Temple'

Monorail_Red_77

I just don't understand the level of frustration and anger over one attraction. My DS6 wanted to do it as well. We told him it was going to be closed when we went, he was upset for 3 minutes and then moved on. There is so much to do at WDW, I just really don't understand people getting so upset over one attraction.

I'm sure it's nothing a monorail ride and mickey ice cream can't handle. ;)

dploew

Any word on opening date beyond "early December"? Our planned studios morning is Monday, 12/7 and this is all my 4 year-old wants in life at this point.

TyrantBoss

But....but the Jedi Temple backdrop is incredibly out of place on Endor, where the exterior of Star Tours is set.
.......but Disney knows exactly what it's doing. It is the absolutely perfect decision as is the decision to remove Darth Vader. Disney is not only logical but flawless in its decision-making.

J. D.

But....but the Jedi Temple backdrop is incredibly out of place on Endor, where the exterior of Star Tours is set.
.......but Disney knows exactly what it's doing. It is the absolutely perfect decision as is the decision to remove Darth Vader. Disney is not only logical but flawless in its decision-making.

Vader isn't going anywhere.

Bolt

Yeah - not sure where you got your Darth Vader facts.

OvertheHorizon

Since they just unveiled the look of the Jedi Training today, I'm wondering if this permit is to cover the existing Star Tours building with a new facade as part of the process of making it part of an immersive atmosphere for the Star Wars land? When it was designed for a "studio" it was okay to have big box buildings and trees that showed a steel structure at its core.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Since they just unveiled the look of the Jedi Training today, I'm wondering if this permit is to cover the existing Star Tours building with a new facade as part of the process of making it part of an immersive atmosphere for the Star Wars land? When it was designed for a "studio" it was okay to have big box buildings and trees that showed a steel structure at its core.

If it was a pre-fabricated set it could have been installed in the time since this permit was filed.

ChesterKiwi

Yikes. The theming of the temple itself is nice enough, but it looks horribly out of place next to Star Tours, especially against the ride's show building. What were they thinking?
Agree. The shield generator bunker from Ep. 6 fit well even when not considering that it was from the same movie as the Endor theming. The temple looks very out of place among the greys and greens of the show building and the Endor set beside it. Maybe a little more foliage around the temple facade would have remedied this, but as it is it sticks out like a sore thumb.

If they wanted a temple facade they could've just gone with a Massassi temple from Yavin IV too. The grey would have fit a bit better. Now I'm just ranting.

Luxe

Wow this looks terrible and doesn't fit in well at all. That extension at the top of the "temple" is terrible. The actual set has three indents but the poster looking thing has 2. Not to mention the white strip going across the top. Great attention to the details Disney...

The show better be DAMN good...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Could it be that this will remain after the whole land's overhaul hence the temple theme which in a way clashes with Star Tours?

flyerjab

The last thing I would be worried about in DHS during its current state is cohesion. Everything between now and the next 3-5 years is patch work until the concept of defined immersive lands starts to emerge.

If the idea of a self-contained concept for a Star Wars Land is what was pitched at D23, there is no way that you would have a Jedi Temple from an animated show adjacent to an AT-AT prop in front of a Star Tours simulator building that is next to a new planet that exists in Star Wars canon moving forward. In time, I expect this to all be redone again so that the theme for the Star Wars Land is succinct and on point. And besides, this experience is truly for kids to 'battle' a dark side character. I could only imagine if one of the parents or a single adult were to run up on stage and complain about the aesthetic during one of the shows and how it ruined the experience for the kids.

doctornick

Could it be that this will remain after the whole land's overhaul hence the temple theme which in a way clashes with Star Tours?

It's a reasonable thought, but I thought the consensus was that the Jedi Training was going to get an enhanced indoor show as part of the Star Wars Land expansion (maybe going into the Sounds Dangerous building or a new build). If so, this stage would probably just be for the next few years until the full land opens -- though to your point perhaps the design was picked such that even if the stage is removed, the building will remain as part of the scenery of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom